Electric Trains

Adds electric trains.

Content
a month ago
0.16 - 1.1
Trains

g Automated Charging

2 years ago

Sorry, I'm a noob - I don't understand automated charging? I created a battery charger and put inserters next to the train in both directions but it won't remove it, even if the battery is drained. Apologies if I missed it, but I don't understand the scripting at the bottom of the mod info either.

2 years ago

I've checked the battery charger and it seems to be working fine on my end. If you place a locomotive at a train stop and put it on an automatic schedule, it will automatically charge from an electric network that's in range. Open the fuel tab in the locomotive's dialog and you should see the remaining fuel line going up. All you have to do is add power coverage to the locomotive's position, just like you would for electric buildings.

Don't worry about the scripting section, that's only for other modders who want to add compatibility for their own locomotives.

2 years ago

Hm, thank you for checking! I'll try again and maybe make a new train station and isolate it. If that doesn't work I'll disable my other mods and see if I can get something going without them.

2 years ago

Maybe I'm not understanding - The train will charge on its own as long as it is within range of an electric pole or other electric distribution item, basically as long as its receiving power like another electric building. The life of the train can be augmented with the battery, but does not require the battery to function?

As well, the battery does have to be removed from the train and into a charger to be charged correct?

Thank you, sorry for the confusion.

2 years ago

No worries. The train can be fueled with battery packs, yes, but they also have internal storage. When the train is running on a schedule, every time it stops at a station, it will attempt to charge up. You should see a 'no power' icon in the middle of the train when this happens. Place a power pole to cover the spot where that icon is and the train should begin drawing power from the network.

Depleted batteries need to be removed from the train, placed into the charging station and they will be recharged. The charging station should be locked to have only one recipe that can't be changed, so if it does not in your game, something has gone wrong, somehow. Try removing and placing the charging station again, perhaps.

New response