|Created:||1 year, 4 months ago|
|Latest Version:||1.0.3 (11 months ago)|
Another attempt to bring electric traction to the game. This mod introduces electric locomotives that can be recharged directly at a new type of train stop connected to the power network, and supplemented by battery packs that can be charged in a recharging station that has a suspicious resemblance to an accumulator (very Batteries Not Included, I know).
This new type of locomotive can be mixed and matched with traditional locomotives, or you can use purely electric traction. When placed they will have a small amount of charge - enough to get to a nearby electrified train stop and begin charging.
The large internal buffer of electric locomotives can be supplemented by battery packs that hold 50MJ of energy apiece. If the locomotive has run through its internal charge and is drawing power from a battery pack when it arrives at an electrified train stop, the battery pack will be fully drained and removed as charging commences. Battery packs can be stacked up to 10, increasing the range of the locomotive by 150%.
- There are no restrictions on where you place the locomotives in the train, and they run equally fast in either direction.
- Electric locomotives are lighter and have higher acceleration and top speed compared to standard locomotives.
- Charging at electrified train stops means you can do away with fuel logistics entirely and rely on your power grid to keep your train network running.
- Electric locomotives have less total energy capacity compared to a vanilla locomotive, especially once you have access to rocket fuel.
- Vanilla locomotives' performance improves with better fuels, whereas electric locomotives have fixed (if high) performance.
- Charging electric locomotives takes some time, especially if there's multiple locomotives on a single train.
No specific provision has been made for other mods. Electric locomotives use the 'electrical' burner category, and should accept any fuel item (reusable or not) that matches, if you want to add one.