Edit-Blueprints deprecated

by V453000

Editing blueprints while preserving their name and settings.

Content
4 years ago
Blueprints

b Massive Memory Usage Spike

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Menu Screen uses less than 500mb. Loading my save and playing normally uses 1.2GB. Using edit blueprint makes memory climb until it uses up all my available memory up to 5.8GB on my 8gb system. The game also freezes and takes 2 to 3 min load (sound is still playing tho). I'm not using a large blueprint and this issue happens even with a blueprint with a single belt and splitter. After exiting edit blueprint world, memory usage doesn't drop and stays permanently at 4.8gb. Game has to be restarted for memory usage to drop.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling mod but no improvement. Also tried deleting bp-editor-surface but no improvement again. Verified game integry no improvement. Uninstalled other mods no improvement.

Zero issues if I just use /editor and switch to the bp-editor-surface and memory usage stays at 1.2gb.

Link to save file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fQ0hCSM9H1JYq_AngtbaFKAtCIgbAajk/view?usp=sharing

3 years ago

When I open a blueprint with the "Edit-Blueprint" Mod, the game freezes for about a minute and reserves about 10GB of RAM.

As I investigated this behavior is triggered by loading some blueprint into the mods surface.
I can trigger the bug with this blueprint: https://pastebin.com/ESB3hwZj

Also, I found out the bug state is saved in the world file. It occurs in the world I opened the blueprint, but not in others.

3 years ago

Crashed my whole OS (Linux, kernel 5.7). Now i understand why, it froze my game regularly for 1-2 mins. while opening a BP. World got bigger, and it just froze forever. And that with 16 GB RAM.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I made some further debugging in the control.lua file. Things I found out:

• line 29 takes unusual much time
  • most time is taken by the loop in line 31
  • line 515: the variable "needed_size" is 1 in the bug case (otherwise its 421.5)

I guess the problem is something with the size of the edit_surface.

Thats what I found out so far.
Im willing to work on a soluthon together with "V453000".

New response