Dispatcher: dispatch trains to chosen stations with signals

Adds a new train station (Dispatcher) that dispatches waiting trains to a station when a dispatch virtual signal is received (target station ID is provided via the signal).

Content
1 year, 11 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Trains Circuit network

g Love the mod but need some help. Please & Thank You.

5 years ago

Hello First of all GREAT MOD!!! it took me some work to figure it out as i am not very familiar with using signals. but i finally got a simple dispatcher that keeps my refueling station full of coal.

the problem i am running into is as follows.

Station 1 Refueling station. the dispatcher delivers coal if the station's supply drops below 500 - working great!
Station 2 Iron Refining forges, Station 3 Copper Refining forges, and Station 4 Steel Refining Forges,
If i try to connect them to the dispatcher it never sends the trains because the wires add all of the coal together from each station.

I get that this is the wires natural function in the game. cutting to the chase, do you know a way around this, or specifically a way to do what i am trying to do?

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

One way to solve this kind of issue is: multiplexing with a clock !

In more details, this is how it could work :

• build a clock (clock signal is a number that increases each game tick, until it is reseted to 0)
  • change the way your stations broadcast their amount of coal : when station X sees the clock signal with value X, send coal amount over the network (station X does not broadcast anything the rest of the time)
  • this way, you can determine the amount of coal remaining at each station in your dispatch logic network : when the clock signal is with value X and the amount of coal is below the threshold, then you need to dispatch a train to station X.

New response