Diesel Locomotive deprecated

Adds functionality and a locomotive for using fluids as fuel. Can use heavy oil, light oil, or diesel (if added by another mod), or all three. Configurable in Settings -> Mod Settings. (I am no longer playing this game or supporting this mod. I see someone else made a successor, though: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/dieselTrains)

Content
4 years ago
0.15 - 0.17
Trains

g Are either you or evildog gonna be around enough to update this?

4 years ago

Or should I do it myself?

4 years ago

Update why? It is working fine as of now. I was just using 50 of them running between my fatories

4 years ago

In 0.18? Changing the supported version is enough?

4 years ago

That is a minor thing as it still goes in 0.18
It would be more important for them to fix ones that broke first. 1 of hus other mods has already been updated to 18 so I'd say he is active

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

If you're talking about Pre 0.17.60 Oil, I was the one who made the tiny change necessary to make that work on 0.18. FuryOfStars explicitly said he (presumably) didn't play the game anymore. I'm not interested in this mod, so someone else who knows how to mess with Factorio mods should offer to take over.

4 years ago

I could do it and probably will fix it when it breaks but not sure i can devote enough time to take it on full time. My entire weekend was spent fixing my mods on another game after an update broke them.

4 years ago

Tried just changing the supported version to 0.18, and it errored. Well then.

4 years ago

Must be a conflict with another mod. I've got it working fine in 0.18 experimental

4 years ago

I was unable to get it working by changing the line in info.json:
"factorio_version": "0.18",

Guessing this is the only place to update as no others came up in the search.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I just wrote a mod Steam Trains based on the code from this one. By doing that i was forced to (more or less) understand the complete implementation of this mod. It would be easy for me to port it to 0.18, maybe reduce the download size a bit and so on.

As I will support my mod for the forseeable future and these 2 mods share much of their code, it would be a minor effort for me to also support this one. In fact it could be beneficial for both if they could use a common code base (Steam Trains needed some functionality this mod does not provide, so i had to basically fork it completely).

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

FYI: I just released my 0.18 version of this mod. Besides being a fix/migration for 0.18 it adds a few new things:
- locomotives can now also use barrels for fuel
- locomotives can now be fueled at stations with multiple pumps with different fluids. this allows the creation of global refueling stations offering all supported fluids.

Diesel Trains

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Oh, oops, sorry for the reply. I mistakenly tought this was for Pre-0.17 oil when I wrote it. :-)