Diesel Locomotive deprecated

Adds functionality and a locomotive for using fluids as fuel. Can use heavy oil, light oil, or diesel (if added by another mod), or all three. Configurable in Settings -> Mod Settings. (I am no longer playing this game or supporting this mod. I see someone else made a successor, though: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/dieselTrains)

Content
4 years ago
0.15 - 0.17
Trains

b Issue with Sprite Size

4 years ago

I just installed this mod and got error:

"Failed to load mods: The given sprite rectangle (left_top=0x0m right_bottom = 64x64) is outside the actual sprite size (left_top=0x0m right_bottom = 32x32) If this is being used as an icon you may need to define the icon_size property.: base/graphics/icons/fluid/steam.png"

I am using Factorio's Latest 0.17 Experimental.

Help?

4 years ago

Most likely a conflict with another mod that has changed the icon size. There may be a way to work around that, but I'm not playing the game or updating anything for it anymore, sorry.

Off the top of my head, though, didn't the devs update all of their icons for default 64x64 size? This means that whichever mod is causing this conflict is using an outdated icon size and should update to the latest.

4 years ago

Its the industrial mod, i am a friend of geerky's and we work on a map together so i know the mods we used, anyway. i had tested with some mods and the only problem that this mod has is with the industrial revolution mod. the factorio update is fine. I don't know why it has a problem with it. i am just posting to let everyone who is reading know. as far as i have tested this is the only mod that has a problem with this mod. however i am positive that mods like angels (those that change the fluids and such) won't work.

4 years ago

Let me clarify some. At one point the Factorio devs updated the game to default icon size to 64x64. Diesel Locomotive does not set an icon size, so the game is going to see that as using a 64x64 icon. So, when the mod attempts to copy a mod added fluid that is using an icon size that is different from game default, that's going to cause an issue.

4 years ago

oh, thats makes more sense.

4 years ago

you need to copy the icon_size for the dummy items you copy from the liquids
0.18:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/swrk0iu6mpyq13f/Diesel-Locomotive-Fix_0.3.1.zip?raw=1