Death Notice

Adds a marker to the map when a player dies so you can find the body.

Utilities
3 years ago
0.15 - 1.1

g On Death Error

5 years ago

Every time I die since the latest patch I get an error notice and the game crashes. I tried uninstalling / reinstalling this mod but even with a fresh game and it was still happening.

Error while running event DeathNotice::on_pre_player_died (ID 40)
Unknown item name: signal-deathnotice
stack traceback:
DeathNotice/control.lua:20: in function <DeathNotice/control.lua:3>

Would you be able to take a look into this please?

PS: I do use a slew of other mods. This doesn't look like a conflict to me but If you think that could be the problem I can try disabling them.

5 years ago

Thanks for the report.
This is only the second report of this, so it could be a conflict with some mod.
I'm still getting a handle on the Factorio modding (Have done a lot of Arma 2 / 3 mods etc).
I think the the signal stuff can be overwritten. I need to look in to it more.

Thanks
Oniell NZ

5 years ago

Well, I went back and tested the issue with only Death Noticed enabled and I still got the same problem on a brand new map.

I also checked the new tombstone icon you added and I see it in my signals. I can also place a marker manually on the map with it and use it as a signal in a decider combiner so I'm pretty sure the signal is added properly.

I took a look at your code...its pretty straight forward and wasn't something silly like a misspelling so I have no idea why its not happy.

5 years ago

Yeah, came here with same problem. Disabled all mods,new map and got this error on death https://clip2net.com/s/3WBpGz1

5 years ago

I have this problem too

5 years ago

I am having the same issue... any idea on a fix?

5 years ago

Same as previous reports. With and without mods.

New response