Deadlock's Crating Machine Revived deprecated

Pack resources into crates and unpack them where needed. Hugely boosts belt throughput, at a cost.

Content
4 years ago
Logistics

g Support etc

4 years ago

Hey,

So are you intending on adding any new functionality or just supporting the old mod? If your just keeping the old mod going, it might be worth contributing to the original mod now that it's no longer deprecated.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I was mostly interested in supporting the old mod. I'm pretty annoyed that it's un-deprecated because the post by Deadlock in the forum indicated that it would no longer be maintained in any way and invited what I did.

But then, once I did it, the other maintainer decided to accept a patch request and un-deprecate the original mod. After I already posted what I was doing.

I'm keeping this around because, in my opinion, the current maintainers of the original mod can't be trusted to even maintain it. If they bother to communicate with me about what they're up to and why and what their future intentions are, that may change. But if it does, I will announce it well in advance.

If you want to see the thread... https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=190&t=57070&start=180

4 years ago

Ok, So 100% that was my bad, not the maintainers. I didn't see the forum post from deadlock, but I did read a comment in a discussion on another mod(Stacking i think) where both deadlock and shanemadden mentioned they would be open to a pull request. Beyond that, I didn't check if someone else was looking at updating, I just updated, tested and pushed the changes.

I want to say that I am sorry I wasted your time, had I have known, I would have contacted you first to make sure I wasn't going to cause any issues.

Sorry again.
Also sorry about the odd manner of asking about this, couldn't come up with a better question/intro.

4 years ago

It's OK. I'm not annoyed with you. Submitting a pull request is a pretty natural thing to do. I'm annoyed with shanemadden and a little with Deadlock for being wishy-washy and not acting in the manner that Deadlock's forum post suggested they would.

New response