Construction Drones deprecated

by Klonan

Adds ground based personal construction robots.

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.0
Logistic network

g Drones OP compared to normal bots.

3 years ago

I really like your bots, but I feel they are way too strong compared to their flying alternatives.

1st, they have way too much range. I understand that they're not flying nor have a power need, but it is a bit too much when they can work outside of the player's vision compared to the bots' visible range : https://imgur.com/a/VNsPQ2A

2nd, they just straight up make personal construction bots & Roboports useless because they work much faster, got a greater range, and don't take any equipment slot or power. They're also much cheaper than bots with no limits on how many can be deployed at the same while bots are limited to 10/robotport. when I use both at the same 10 drones can complete most blueprints by the time a swarm of 50 bots even get to their location.

I like this mod, but I didn't expect an early-game drone to make personal bots useless.

3 years ago

These are not the Drones you are looking for Obiwan

3 years ago

I am still a newbie to modding in general; if I wanted to reduce the number of starting drones, slow down their deconstruction beam, and slow down the movement speed, how would I do that?

3 years ago

I feel the same way. Those drones are even cuter than the construction bots as well.
They are way too overpowered, too fast, extreme range. The only things that speak for regular bots once they are available is better integration, showing what items are missing for building and such stuff. Maybe they could consume feul or something to make up for their usage?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I love the mod! I still agree with OP. Anyway, nobody would like to see these cute drones nerfed. An option to reduce (AND INCREASE) the drones' speed, build range and other stats would be nice.

3 years ago

After playing with them for a while, I think I will switch to robots, once they are available.
They are less cute, but they operate way better in congested areas, thanks to being able to fly. And they have bigger stack sizes.
My main worry was not having a reason to switch to robots once they become available, so all is well, I guess.

3 years ago

I like the bots, for me they arent to op. To kill trees and other thinks at beginning they do exact what the should for me. Maybe there are an option for the number of beginning drones? This could be help. You think 10 to free are to op, than you can say, one for free to beginn and this make it much "slower".

At the robots itself i find they are good so, how they are. (only that they have dont a priority around the player first - its a point for me)

And of course all mods that made the game a little bit easier are an cheat if you like to sy this. But otherside bob + angel + island + max. biters.... there are many thinks what you can add to the game that makes it much harder and so its on youre self how hard or easy you want the game.

Or you begin a game and drop 9 from 10 robots at the ground - so you dont need an option for it.

3 years ago

They are OP when you're in vehicles, since they use repair packs instantly, and if that first use of the pack was enough to fully fix it, they'll instantly return to the inventory.

3 years ago

They are OP in every single aspect, hahaha. Anyway most mods gives you advantage but this is not a competitive game.
I insist some sliders/value boxes may help everybody play to their taste.
Speed, build range, robot limit, and formula price multiplier.

New response