Construction Drones deprecated

by Klonan

Adds ground based personal construction robots.

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.0
Logistic network

b Stopped work since 18.43

3 years ago

Just recieved a patch to factorio, 18.43, and the drones no longer seems to operate. They take stuff from the inventory and go to a blueprint or repair but gets stuck. Anyone else having this problem?

3 years ago

yes, can confirm the bug

3 years ago

Yep, they don´t move and they cannot get back into inventory.

3 years ago

Having the same issue -- if you pick them back up manually they'll try to place another item but get stuck again.

3 years ago

And how stupid was I saving the world with the new patch, getting used to manually do stuff when building a huge city is a pain lol. Tried to reinstall the mods but it didn't help - so don't bother with that.

3 years ago

after the update, the drones stand still, doing nothing. when will the problem be solved ?! can we somehow help with this ?!

3 years ago

After a little fiddling with unit.contruction_drone.attack_parameters, I couldn't seem to find any combination of values that works, so it's likely a slightly more complicated problem than just increasing the range by n.

3 years ago

Ran in this too. Bots just pick up item, can't place it, and just hangs.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Yes same thing, affected not only this mod, also "Robot Army" mod fail to set robots to patrol. Think it is issue in a game core (script handling ?)
https://www.commitstrip.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Strips-Test-audimetre-600-finalenglish.jpg

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

How I handled it was that I downgraded the version of Factorio to 18.42

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

This was apparently a bug introduced by that game version, not something related to mod api changes. There was something in the 18.44 bugfixes, but it's not quite OK yet.

3 years ago

Same

New response