Construction Drones deprecated

by Klonan

Adds ground based personal construction robots.

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.0
Logistic network

g Start-of-game experience with this mod.

4 years ago

Hi, Klonan! Thank you for being a mod author, from the bottom of my heart! This is my feedback about what it's like for a new user. Hope you are inspired by my experience!

I installed this mod originally to avoid needing to manually break trees and rocks at the start. (I guess it's AAI industries that gives you 10 of these construction drones for free?) But I quickly decided Construction Drones wasn't for me.

I began issuing deconstruct orders, and a single bot would immediately, instantly perform the deconstruct with a very loud laser sound. It's comically bad. I wished they would appear to actually do the work. I don't want to have to hold right-click to break trees, but having a free fleet of instant, loud deforesters isn't exactly an improvement on my experience.

In the end, I decided to use Krastorio 2's "bonus items" option, which gave me modular armor with a personal roboport and 50 drones and a very large amount of fuel. Sounds a little overpowered, but it was a better experience for what I was trying to achieve! Vanilla drones take time to do what they do, and without the obnoxious laser sound (sorry, harsh).

NOW, my only gripe is that while holding a deconstruction planner, I have to look at an enormous green square.

I love you for being a mod author, and hope you can make Construction Drones serve the very-early-game in an even more enjoyable way than the other mods!

4 years ago

Eh, honestly I hate the early game and this mod is the perfect thing. I guess if there was a game setting for how many drones you start off with it may make people happier, but yeah.

New response