Frost Biters

Adds a nest of Frost Aliens and Worms! These aliens will cause frost damage, and may launch a frost cloud over your factory. Defeated aliens will drop artifacts that can be further processed into weapons and armors (optional). With Alien-biomes, nests will only spawn in cold areas.

Content
8 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Enemies

b Temperature not checked when generating chunks

3 years ago

Hi, I'm not sure if this is intended, but in the current version, it seems that temperature is not respected (even with the settings option ticked false) for nest and worm spawning, in both this mod and the Explosive Biters mod.

In the code, it seems that the surface temperature is only checked for an 'on_biter_base_built' event, namely not when a new chunk is generated ('on_chunk_generated'). The problem was only fixed when I added a second listener for 'on_chunk_generated' events, in which the same replacements were made.

Love the mod, though I found that there's this extreme anti-synergy in large biter nests far from spawn, when cold and explosion worms/spawners are very close together. A single worm's death explosion can trigger chain reactions that wipe out entire lines of worms.

3 years ago

Hi mandelbrot. what other mods are you using? Is RSO also installed ?

3 years ago

Yes RSO was enabled, though "Use vanilla biter generation" was checked in the RSO startup settings.

I tried disabling RSO and tested the Cold/Explosive Biters mods, and the spawning seemed to respect the temperature.

3 years ago

Yes RSO was enabled, though "Use vanilla biter generation" was checked in the RSO startup settings.

I tried disabling RSO and tested the Cold/Explosive Biters mods, and the spawning seemed to respect the temperature.

That is what I think. RSO replaces the autoplace condition about surface temperature

New response