MadClown01's Nuclear Extension

Introduces an optional advanced uranium enrichment process to replace the Koravex process. Adds a thermonuclear bomb - gives end-game Bob's enemies something to fear. Adds tactical nuclear artillery shells (enable in mod settings, disabled by default)

5 months ago
0.16 - 1.1

i [Patched] Uranium Power Early Game compatability?

5 years ago

this uranium purification sistema of your is cool and all, but how am I supoused to get U-235 35%?, I mean, the first tier of the process should gime me that, but it just generates uranium ore again lol

5 years ago

Nevermind, just found out

5 years ago

nope, I did not

5 years ago

still cannot find a way

5 years ago

are you using helmod, what is?, or FNEI? it is hard for me to test these things as im not on 0.17 yet.
IF you have either of them, could you please post a screenshot (you will need the generic uranium name, not the 35% part when searching). Could you post this on the forum please.

5 years ago

I have neither of those mods, but I don't understand you, when you say I'll need the generic uranium name, what will I need it for?

5 years ago

if you use the search features in either of the mods i mentioned, uranium variations may not be explicitly named as ##% uranium or U-235 ##%.
Those 3 mods allow you to search through the crafting list for uses/sources of items

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

i use the version 1.3.2 but the clowns-centrifuging-20% and "clowns-centrifuging-35%" not have recipe to unlock no research

5 years ago

data.raw["technology"]["kovarex-enrichment-process"].effects=
{
{type = "unlock-recipe", recipe = "depleted-uranium-reprocessing"},
{type = "unlock-recipe", recipe = "clowns-centrifuging-80%"},
{type = "unlock-recipe", recipe = "clowns-centrifuging-75%"},
{type = "unlock-recipe", recipe = "clowns-centrifuging-70%"},
{type = "unlock-recipe", recipe = "clowns-centrifuging-65%"},
{type = "unlock-recipe", recipe = "clowns-centrifuging-55%"},
{type = "unlock-recipe", recipe = "clowns-centrifuging-45%"},
{type = "unlock-recipe", recipe = "nuclear-fuel"}
}

5 years ago

ill take a look at that when i get home from work, i have a feeling it is meant to have been unlocked with an earlier tech, since you kind of need those earlier ones for nuclear reactor fuel...

5 years ago

OK... as i suspected... the technology called "nuclear power" has those two other forms in unlocks, while the advanced cenrifuging is part of the "kovarex" tech....
So if you are at the kovarex part, you should already have them, they should also be found in the intermediates tab.
If you have any further troubles, let me know

5 years ago

i fix for me only

5 years ago

for nuclear i use the mods

Uranium Power Early Game
breedOre reactor

5 years ago

I just tryed FNEI, and there's no recipe to get U-235 35%, the only ones that give it to you are the uranium centrifuging ones, and you need 35% to start the process, so...
Furthermore, there's no way to get or use 20%
something must be wrong here

5 years ago

I already said the problem

5 years ago

and if I post the solution probably
madclown will delete

5 years ago

Well, and what can the rest of us do?

5 years ago

wait for the mad clown to solve this error

5 years ago

Yes but... He appears to be nowhere to be found...

5 years ago

I did not understand

5 years ago

sorry, I mean he's not saying anything here, about this, and he's not fixing it either, and this thread has been open for a few days already

5 years ago

I understand

5 years ago

Sorry for the delay in response, ive been busy with work...
I can confirm that for the standard set of mods recommended for this mod, there is NO issue with those recipes missing from the earlier nuclear reactor unlock, since those earlier tiers are needed to produce the fuel in the first place.
The issue is likely to do with the other mods that play with the nuclear settings. Can you please post the precise problem on the forums (as images don't play nice here), it should be a simple fix if what i suspect what the problem is. But simply complaining that the mod does not play well with others is not particularly helpful.

5 years ago

more and if not use any mod that involves nuclear items besides yours?

5 years ago

for nuclear i use the mods

Uranium Power Early Game
breedOre reactor

I would say that unlocking early uranium power is the culprit, i would need to run some tests to confirm my suspicion though. I can only guess what the cause is without testing, can you give me a few days, ill take a look

5 years ago

I have uranium power early game too, probably that's the guilty one

4 years ago

@triktor @FoxHell

I have taken a deeper look at this problem, i can make a compromise for you if you are still interested...

4 years ago

thanks, but now, if you have both this mod and uranium power early game, this error happens:

error while loading mod: Technology nuclear-fuel: Non-contiguous levels: 1, followed by 1

and then it doesnt give you a modlist to disable, it just lets you disable all of them, but I had a hunch and tried removing just UPEG, and everything Works fine

4 years ago

i saw that mod when i had everything on, but i could not track it, then i dropped a few of the other mods and it worked fine with UPEG, breedOre and realistic reactors, im not sure why that has happened, i will continue to look into it.
I have added an override to the "kovarex" in UPEG to give the 35% instead of the 80%.