Circuit Processing

A mod for Bob's mods. Reintroduces green to red to blue circuit progression. New circuits result in overall increased resource usage. Reduces module count and types.

Tweaks
1 year, 2 months ago
0.15 - 1.1

i Re-enable modules

5 years ago

Hey, first off: love your mod. I'm playing it with some insane Marathon settings and really adds to the difficulty.

Is there a way to re-enable the higher tiers from bobs modules? I like the circuit recipes, and I also like the extra ingredients for the modules, but I don't like that the higher tiers are scrapped.... Tried digging into the settings but couldn't figure it out. Is it easy to do or would that basically require rewriting the entire mod?

5 years ago

Nvm, figured it out! For others:

1. Remove the file bobsmodules.lua
  2. Remove the same file from the dependencies in data-updates.lua
  3. ???
  4. Circuit processing without module alterations = profit
5 years ago

actually, better yet: if the mod author would set up a settings.lua file with a bob-smodule nerf option to it, that'd be better.
either a integer between 0-1 to set a percentage of the nerf, or a binary on/off to completely enable/disable this section of the mod.

5 years ago

in data-updates.lua
If settings.startup["bobsmodules.enableNerf"].value == true then require bobsmodules.lua end

in bobsmodules.lua
set the percentage base on config.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

1) re-enable config setting in settings.lua
2) line 1 of modules.lua needs to be:
if mods['bobmodules'] and settings.startup['cp-override-modules'].value then
3) delete the extraneous check for bobsmodules with the return immediately after that.
4) terminate conditional at the end of the module.lua file with "end"
5) optional: change default to false as circuit-processing isn't "expected" as the cause of modules missing and players must dig for that info, otherwise. Currently if circuitprocessing disables modules that are expected, external mods expecting them to exist with bob's modules enabled and the bob's modules setting for them to be enabled, it'll cause a crash.

New response