Circuit HUD V2

by Xiomax

Allows you to track any circuit signals in the player HUD / UI. Awesome for storage monitoring, robotics network, production flow, alerts, debugging circuit networks or power monitoring! This is a continuation of the Circuit HUD mod with many new features and can be safely installed in existing save files!

Content
3 years ago
Circuit network

i [Fixed in v1.3] Filter by "string"

3 years ago

In a game like OARC where players are separate, if they all had multiple units active, it would create a long list to navigate.
As an idea, would it be possible to add a "Search" box that remembers the string you put in, and only show "nodes" that contain that string.

ie player "Taurondir" names all the "nodes" starting with "[Tau]" so like "[Tau] Science Packs" and then keeps the search string box containing "tau" so that when he calls up the list, only all the nodes that he's personally watching end up on the scroll list.

I'm only suggesting this as I'm assuming that "search" boxes are part of the core game, and this would be something trivial (?) to implement, but of course I might be horribly wrong about this, so feel free to ignore me :)

3 years ago

Hey, thanks for the idea! I think this is something I can implement, it relates to an other feature which I'm planning to do. I will look if I have time this weekend to work on this.

3 years ago

This Mod of your is fantastic because in MP games like OARC, we always have people putting up Speakers to do Alerts, and frankly, in most cases we have someone else complain that "its annoying" seeing the flashing icons. Your Mod moves everything off the bar and people don't have distracting things on screen UNLESS the choose the bring the window up. The "search" idea to just "show your own stuff" would basically be the cherry on top kind of thing.

I'm always very tentative in suggesting new ideas in this place because I never EVER have any idea if something is even doable, as I don't know that much about lua for this game.

Anyway, great work, and have fun - and if its not fun, don't do it t :)

3 years ago

Hey Taurondir! You definitely know how to charm me so I have worked the last few days on a big update, v1.3. I have implemented the search idea, and in addition you can now sort the HUD on name, custom priority and build order of the combinators. And many more cool improvements!

Let me know what you think of version v1.3 <3

If you have more ideas or feedback than please let me know!

3 years ago

Oh, very nice :) will have to test it as soon as I get a chance. Thank you.

New response