Charge Transmission deprecated

by Dustine

Special entities that wirelessly charge bots around them. An idea by Mike C from the KatherineOfSkies community.

Content
6 years ago
0.15 - 0.16
Logistic network

g please update this to 0.17

5 years ago

are you working on this?

5 years ago

I hope it gets updated as well

5 years ago

sadly don't have plans to update this any time soon, i apologize. real life has had me way too busy and the update hit me at the worse possible time.

the code is freely available if anyone wishes to port it in my stead, or keep improving on it (0.17 added a few things that would make the mod even lighter imo)

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

I think I got it working in 0.17.
Needed to edit the json file as usual, and update the science labels to the new ones.
In prototypes/charger.lua (in a couple of places):
-- energy_usage = "0kW", -- game does not like this
energy_usage = "0.0001kW",
And the new science pack names:
{"automation-science-pack", 1},
{"logistic-science-pack", 1},
{"chemical-science-pack", 1},
{"production-science-pack", 1}

Needed to edit the json file as usual.

Initially had a crash when placing the Charge Transmission device. The game didn't like the return of an 'inf' when a real was expected so I removed math.huge and replaced it with 1000000. Don't know if a larger value is needed or not.
Changed Control.lua as shown below.
--bot.energy = math.huge
bot.energy = 1000000000 --edit: changed from 1 million to 1 billion - maybe needs to be bigger?
Seems to work ok after a few minutes testing.

Edit: The offsets for the interface needs adjusted.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

I have not change math.huge and my Game is not crashed

Fail i have push the zitat button and not the edit button

5 years ago

I have not change math.huge and my Game is not crashed

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

guess my favorite has died. That is sad.

good luck with real life.

sorry for necromancing this forum.

4 years ago

@jamiech1 this seems to be working but i get the error message "Error while loading item prototype "charge_transmission-charger" (item): Unknown flag "goes-to-quickbar"

4 years ago

oh, I thought that everyone gave up. welp, if you want then keep on trying.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I HAVE DONE IT! https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/747946372057268306/871250543681609768/unknown.png
The mod is now functional in my github fork: https://github.com/MagicBOTAlex/factorio-charge-transmission
It was apparently much easier than I thought and it only took 3 hours. I just changed some text and removed some "flags"

I don't know how to use github correctly but at least it's a working version.

Excuses for me taking 3 hours:
-I don't know or use lua
-I have never made any mods
-tutorials were limited to old versions versions of the game

Edit: I see that someone else also did it but it's cool for me. But how can I publish it to factorio mods? I want others to be able to use this mod again.
If the owner reads this. Can I submit this mod for the newer versions? (I think I need permission. I don't understand copyright and such)

1 year, 11 months ago

I've been using Robocharger (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Robocharger) so far, in my 1.0 space exploration save, but will definitely try this out, thanks!

New response