Bottleneck

by trold

A tool for locating input starved machines.

Utilities
3 years ago
0.13 - 1.1

b Incorrent icon shown on sulfuric acid starver electric mining drill

5 years ago

When my electric mining drills run our of sulfuric acid (because I deleted the pipe), they are showing yellow dot instead of red.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

This will happen if there are minerals still under the mine. It only turns red when the minerals are exausted. (edit: or out of power)
If you don't have enough Sulfuric Acid, then I believe it should turn yellow. If you are completely out of minerals in that spot, then I believe it should be red.

5 years ago

Isn't it inconsistent with other cases? Sulfuric acid is an input for the drill, normally when a machine is input-starved, the icon turns red.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

You are probably right. It does also turn red when out of power. Maybe the mod owner can answer that. Normally I only want to see it red when out of minerals. And I like it to be yellow when paused for any other reason. Maybe we need more colors, like orange to show that it is missing power or fluid.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Hmmm... A fourth setting specially for mining drills that need fluids is an interesting option.

In regards to "out of minerals" - checkout AutoDeconstruct mod. One of my favourites, however it doesn't deconstruct drills over uranium in order to not break the pipes connections.

5 years ago

I use that as well, but use NoFluidstoMineUranium mod to move the fluid usage from mining to a later stage. I do need water for mining Quartz though. (Simple Silicon mod.)

New response