The Blueprint Designer Lab

Enter your lab to design your blueprints. Mod updated for the 4th by daniel90c and minno. Please be gentle, the lab guy has been to places.

Content
3 years ago
0.18 - 1.1
Blueprints

i "Pause" game while inside lab?

2 years ago

Curious if you'd be able to create a setting that "pauses" the game, so to speak, while you're inside the lab. What I'd be concerned about is continuing pollution and biter evolution. I like to spend hours just working on blueprints in the middle of a game, sometimes, but that's not practical to keep up with the biter expansion. I know, of course, that I can tweak all sorts of game settings to address this from that angle. But I like the pressure of biters while having time to tweak blueprints on demand. Just thought it might be something others might also appreciate -- maybe a checkbox in the mod settings that lets you select whether your factory keeps going while you're teleported inside the lab?

In any case, thanks so much for making this mod and please keep up the good work!

1 year, 10 months ago

Yeah I'd love for this feature to be added.

1 year, 7 months ago
(updated 1 year, 7 months ago)

very late, but I made a version of the mod that does this (it pauses active items, pollution, and biter expansion/evolution, you can turn it off with a setting in the mod setttings), inspired partly by this comment (and the fact that it feels like an obvious feature)
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/BlueprintLab_343N

1 year, 5 months ago

Looks like you're still working through some bugs in that version, but thanks for taking a whack at it, 343N! Hope you're able to get it sorted out sometime.

New response