|Created:||1 year, 11 months ago|
|Latest Version:||0.4.5 (7 months ago)|
|Factorio version:||0.16 - 0.17|
Blueprint Extensions adds a few useful utilities for blueprint placement and management:
Blueprint Updater: While holding a prepared blueprint, press
SHIFT + Uto create a Blueprint Updater. Drag
this across your screen like you would to make a blueprint and it will create a new blueprint using the same label and icons as the previous blueprint. Additionally, if the previous blueprint ended with "v.###", the version number will be incremented (this behavior can be changed in settings).
Blueprint Snap: While holding a prepared blueprint, use the numpad (by default) to snap the blueprint to a
specific corner or edge. This is useful if you can't fit a large blueprint entirely on screen and need to make it
align against some existing structure -- i.e. for tiling solar layouts.
Blueprint Mirror: Mirror a blueprint horizontally or vertically. This correctly fixes splitter orientation,
and if GDIW is installed it will also switch fluid recipes to their mirrored
Wireswap: Swap circuit wire colors within a blueprint.
Rotate: Rotates a blueprint. This modifies the actual blueprint rather than its in-game placement direction.
This is useful if you have a book of related blueprints and want them all facing the same direction.
Landfill: Adds landfill underneath any entity in the blueprint that cannot be placed on water. This can either
modify the current blueprint or create a (possibly temporary) copy of it, depending on your mod settings.
Note: Most of these features (except the Blueprint Updater) will modify the blueprint being affected.
Copies of blueprints that are in your blueprint library (or the game's blueprint library) are unaffected.
Blueprint Updaters are tied to the last blueprint you had selected when you created one -- not the blueprint you had
when that specific updater was created. There currently does not exist a way to associate data with a specific
updater and still have it function as a selection tool.
Blueprint Snap is unable to factor in the rotation setting due to
modding API limitations. Thus, snapping
to the north edge of a blueprint will snap to the north edge of the blueprint in its native rotation -- not the
current on-screen one. The functionality is still fully useable, it just may require a bit of "Which key do I
actually need to hit" confusion.
Landfill is new and not thoroughly tested.
Found a bug? Please visit the Issues page to see if it has
already been reported, and report it at that page if not. The Mod Portal does not notify of new posts on the
discussion page, and messages posted there will likely be ignored.
- Fix crash on adding Blueprint Extensions to an existing save.
- Fix broken changelog formatting.
- Fix yet another crash on loading a save that had an old version of Blueprint Extensions (only on some systems)
- Fix another crash on loading a save that had an old version of Blueprint Extensions (only on some systems)
- Fix a crash when loading a save that had an old version of Blueprint Extensions installed.
- New feature: Add landfill to every tile of a blueprint that needs it.
- Removed code that disabled blueprint flipping and mirroring when a competing mod was installed.
- Support Factorio 0.17's new shortcut bar. Adds shortcuts for all operations (except nudge/snap). Shortcuts are enabled whenever a configured blueprint is in your hand.
- Add our own shortcut bar that appears while a blueprint is held to perform all operations (except nudge/snap). Factorio's shortcut bar is pretty limited in size, so this gives you an alternative. Individual buttons can be turned off in mod settings; the entire button bar is hidden if you turn off all buttons.
- Substantially overhauled internal event handling code.
- Lots of code cleanup.
- Fix issues (including a possible crash) involving setting up the blueprint mirroring buttons in a new save.
- Fix default keybinds for mirroring
- Add blueprint nudging. SHIFT + arrow-on-numpad will 'nudge' a blueprint 1 tile in the selected direction. (Blueprints with rails will be nudged 2 tiles.)
- Update for Factorio 0.17
- Overhaul buttons for blueprint flipping to a more sane implementation.
- If GDIW is installed, mirror recipes when mirroring blueprints.
- Fix crash on case-sensitive filesystems (i.e. not Windows). Thanks to Omnifarious for the report.
- Fix a incorrect date in changelog.txt.
- Change the default wireswap keybind to
CONTROL + ALT + W. The previous
SHIFT + Wwould inadvertently trigger and
interfere with movement.
- When updating a blueprint, the blueprint is now cleared from the cursor (if there's room) while configuring it.
This allows you to change blueprint icons without them all becoming icons of blueprints.
When you finish configuring the blueprint, the blueprint will be moved back to the cursor.
This more closely reflects vanilla blueprint behavior.
You can now swap wire colors of a blueprint with
SHIFT + W
You can now rotate a blueprint with
CONTROL + ALT + R. Unlike normal rotation, this modifies the actual
blueprint and can be useful if you want to have all the blueprints in a book rotated the same direction.
- Actually correctly flip splitters like we said we do. Somehow in optimizing the original code I completely forgot to actually implement this.
- Added and reworked the blueprint flipping and turning functionality in the Blueprint Flipper and Turner mod,
including a fix to priority splitters.
- This functionality is disabled if Blueprint Flipper and Turner is enabled to avoid possible conflicts.
- The GUI buttons for flipping blueprints can be disabled in mod settings. Note this has no effect if Blueprint Flipper and Turner is disabled.
- Internal reworking of code to be better organized.
- Added blueprint versioning.
- Fixed a crash when trying to blueprint-update an area with no entities or tiles to blueprint in it.
- First release, with Blueprint Snap and Blueprint Updater functions.