Bluebuild

by Mylon

Allows blueprints to be used much earlier. Once a blueprint is placed, nearby entities will be auto-placed at 5/second so long as you have the objects in inventory and are standing still. Once items are marked for deconstruction, they will be auto-removed and put into inventory so long as you are standing still. Press b to toggle building, press n to toggle demolishing.

Utilities
3 years ago
0.14 - 1.1
Blueprints

b New update bug

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Hello after i'm started use version 1.1.14 and 1.2.0 my game start lagging very much ,but when i'm run around map , my fps back to 60 but if i'm not running around it's became 22.I'm really don't know what happened and what to do. UPD 31.10.19 Welp i'm get now why this happened , it's bcs Yuoki mod have some conflict with your mod.

4 years ago

Are you running with any mod that greatly extends reach? Bluebuild might be finding too many ghosts around you that it can't fulfill.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Yes i'm use a BigBag mod but off this mod don't helping me at all.Also 1.1.14 and 1.2.0 don't destroy ghosts of my building at all .Even when i'm destroy my build ghost manually and my building too my fps still down.Maybe this video help you understand what i mean https://youtu.be/oDZ9V8M0CdQ

4 years ago

Yes i'm use a BigBag mod but off this mod don't helping me at all.Also 1.1.14 and 1.2.0 don't destroy ghosts of my building at all .Even when i'm destroy my build ghost manually and my building too my fps still down.Maybe this video help you understand what i mean https://youtu.be/oDZ9V8M0CdQ

4 years ago

@E.V.L.S Your performance issues might originate from the demo code which is very heavy. It's processing 1200 entities per second.
Try to replace the code in the mod (AppData/Roaming/Factorio/Bluebuild_1.2.0) with this file:
https://gist.github.com/wende/ba26e224d4fb65a9fcd53d4fd5aab327
I fixed the issues to be more optimized for long range mods

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

@wende
Your control.lua give error to me
Error while running event Bluebuild::on_tick (ID 0) Bluebuild/control.lua:168: attempt to index field 'ghostWannabes' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
Bluebuild/control.lua:168: in function 'bluedemo'
Bluebuild/control.lua:75: in function 'bluecheck'
Bluebuild/control.lua:41: in function 'playerloop'
Bluebuild/control.lua:256: in function
< Bluebuild /control.Iua:255>
And 2 i'm give author a video and as you can see there conflict between Yuoki and this mod bcs in my video i'm off almost all mods(even long range mods like BigBag) Bcs when i'm off this mod(Yuoki) everything work fine.About perfomance i'm have gtx1050ti 4 gb ,i5 8400(6 core) and 16 gb RAM.

Update:I'm restart my save and this error dissapear but it's sad to lost my progress ofc....

4 years ago

I appreciate the help. Currently there's no find_entities_filtered{marked_for_decon} flag to reduce the amount of entities scanned. I have a number of updates I need to work on for restructuring Bluebuild, but I simply haven't had time:

• Cache all entities near the player. Bluebuild only works when the player stops moving, so nearby entities only have to be scanned once or on_entity_built or on_marked_for_decon.
  • Improving the auto-toggle. Bluebuild should only scan if the player interacts with a ghost. Placing them or pipetting one, and turn off if it hasn't done anything in a few minutes. Bluebuild should work similarly.
  • Better multiplayer support. Slow down Bluebuild processing when multiple players are in the game. Only check one player at a time and rotate over them.

New response