Bio Industries

Provides useful buildings and items, like the Bio Farm for growing trees. Solar Farm and Large Accumulator to make your electric setup easier. Bio Fuel section to produce organic plastic and batteries. Lots of New Wood Products, like the big electric pole, wooden pipes, dart turret. Plant trees using seedlings. Change terrain from deserts to grasslands using Fertilizer - helps trees grow better. And a lot more… Please visit the homepage on the forums for more information and feedback.

Content
a month ago
0.14 - 1.1
Manufacturing

i [TODO] Algae

3 years ago

Just like Trees, its possible to make Algae to contain pollution on water?
Just an idea for water maps

Pi-C ☆
3 years ago

Not before Factorio 1.0, if it's possible at all. To be honest, I've no idea yet how to make that work. Trees are relatively easy because they are a vanilla concept. But algae? Yes, there's greenish water, but I guess it has to be placed during map generation -- not sure you can replace water later on. There should also be multiple shades of green to indicate differences in algae population, and color transitions between clear blue water and water with algae. Perhaps it could work with defining new tiles, but tiles are a rare commodity (there are only 255 or so available, and if you have mods like Alien Biomes or Dectorio installed, there are few left for other mods).

If you have any suggestions how to deal with these problems, I might consider adding this in the future. In fact, it would open new techs (e.g., make it necessary to clean the water before using it in boilers etc.). Then again, new machines would be needed to process the water, meaning new graphics and animations would have to be made. (But I'm not an artist, something like that is beyond my abilities.)

It's definitely an interesting idea -- but I don't see yet how it could be implemented.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Wow
I wasnt thinking on something this complex, just trees that can be planted on water with some custom sprites.
I didnt open the files to see how tree works yet, i imagine that is just some entity with ground collision and change the water collision.
I need to see how tree works on the files before i give some definitive answer.

Pi-C ☆
3 years ago

Trees on water? Wouldn't they get in the way of Cargo Ships? And these are just cargo ships yet, no torpedoes to kill trees. :-)

3 years ago

Im very sure that a ship can drive over "trees on water" as easily tanks and trains can drive over "trees on land".
Also, cargo ships uses the same mechanics of trains, if you manage to link a rail to a water way, you can drive trains in water and ships on land...

New response