Bio Industries

Provides useful buildings and items, like the Bio Farm for growing trees. Solar Farm and Large Accumulator to make your electric setup easier. Bio Fuel section to produce organic plastic and batteries. Lots of New Wood Products, like the big electric pole, wooden pipes, dart turret. Plant trees using seedlings. Change terrain from deserts to grasslands using Fertilizer - helps trees grow better. And a lot more… Please visit the homepage on the forums for more information and feedback.

Content
a month ago
0.14 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b [Fixed] Powered rail and wooden bridge no longer buildable on water

3 years ago

Hello,

It seems the last update from 0.18.19 to 0.18.20 broke something in the rail collision masks, I don't seem to be able to build powered rail and wooden bridges on water anymore.

Pi-C ☆
3 years ago

Sorry, seems like changing the mask of all rails was changing a bit too much! :-)

Nevertheless, I wonder if I really should enable building powered rails over water again. After all, these are normal rails, not rail bridges! I've asked TheSAguy for his opinion. (Personally, I'd leave powered rails as they are now and use the floating electric poles from Cargo ships for connecting power over water.)

Meanwhile, you can fix the issue with the wooden bridges by replacing lines 1108 and 1136 of prototypes/Wood_Products/entities.lua with this:

collision_mask = {"floor-layer", "object-layer", "consider-tile-transitions"},
3 years ago

I agree, conceptually. I wasn't expecting powered rail to also be secretly water-compatible. I discovered it on accident when I went to build a powered rail line to the edge of the water intending to then fill the gap with bridge rail, but it let me continue all the way across!

Anyway, thanks for the fix!

Pi-C ☆
3 years ago

Thanks for finding this! The bug is fixed with versions 0.17.52/0.18.21.

New response