Bio Industries

Provides useful buildings and items, like the Bio Farm for growing trees. Solar Farm and Large Accumulator to make your electric setup easier. Bio Fuel section to produce organic plastic and batteries. Lots of New Wood Products, like the big electric pole, wooden pipes, dart turret. Plant trees using seedlings. Change terrain from deserts to grasslands using Fertilizer - helps trees grow better. And a lot more… Please visit the homepage on the forums for more information and feedback.

Content
a month ago
0.14 - 1.1
Manufacturing

i [Fixed] Recipe/Item Name Mismatch

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

So for the Wood Products specifically, is there any particular reason to have the internal names of the items and recipe not match, despite common conventions? As an example, under prototypes/Wood_Products/ item.lua and recipe.lua, for the very first one in the list, there is "bi-big-wooden-pole" as the item name, and "bi_recipe_big_wooden_pole" as the recipe name.

For vanilla, most items that only have one recipe, and don't contain fluids, the item name and recipe name are the exact same, and most other mods follow this same convention, either intentionally or simply by habit.

My mod, Reverse Factory, expects item names and recipe names to match in order to produce reverse recipes, which it then uses to recycle said items into their ingredients. This process naturally omits items which have non-matching recipes, since that implies the item having multiple recipes or at least not having a standard recipe.

Since all of your items have this trait, none of them can be recycled, even though those items only have one recipe. So is there any particular reason this is the case? I've checked the previous versions available, and the item names matched back in Factorio 0.15, but were changed to the current naming by this mod's version 2.6.17; and it seemed purposeful. I would like to make these 2 mods work, but not if it would require undue effort on my side to make it work, when it would take a few minor changes on your part.

(Note: Specifically the Wood Products items; the rest of the items are fine, like the seeds item name should be different to the recipe name, since there are multiple recipes. Initial bug report here)

5 years ago

I don't have a reason for doing it, I just started using it so I can tell recipe's apart from the items.
If I change it now, I'll probably mess up a lot of things though...

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

You should only have to change the names of the recipes, and anywhere those recipe names are used. Technologies should be the only other place, at least that's all that comes to mind atm. I would prefer to renew compatibility between our mods, so if you're reluctant to do it (which is understandable), I can try to see which files need recipe names changed, and then send you the edited files for upload?

But trust me when I say that fixing this compatibility issue from your end would be infinitely easier than attempting to fix this from my end.

Pi-C ☆
4 years ago

Fixed for the next version.

4 years ago

Super glad to hear it!

New response