Better Uncoupling Control

Adds a command to decouple wagons from a group of locomotives.

Utilities
3 years ago
0.18 - 1.1
Transportation Trains

g Feedback

4 years ago

Thanks for this!

It seems that the mod prefers uncoupling the nearest wagon vs nearest locomotive now, great.

Is it possible to go a step further, and prefer decoupling wagons on the other end of a pair of locomotives? (I.e. if the player is in the first locomotive of an L-L-W-W train, then disconnect the wagons.) Of course, not everyone may want that, but it seems intuitive when using an L-L MU loco to shuffle wagons around.

4 years ago

Yes, it now prefers to break links between locomotive and not-locomotive wagons.

Do you think there should be any preference or distinction between cargo, fluid, and artillery wagons?

I was thinking the next feature to add would be a toggle function. Press "V" once to uncouple one side, press it again to re-couple that and uncouple the other side instead, press a third time to uncouple both sides.

Then for your suggestion, add a second control, for example "Shift-V", to search outward from the player and uncouple the nearest locomotive-to-wagon link that is found. Is that what you are thinking?

4 years ago

Hey, I just added the Shift-V control you suggested! Let me know how it works.

New response