Better Bots Technologies

Adds more technologies for roboports and robots, including additional roboports charge pads and expanded bot power cells. Instead of giving them out for free like many other mods, this one strives to blend into the existing game balance.

Content
4 years ago
0.16 - 0.18
Logistic network

g 1.1 Compatibility

3 years ago

Hi,
is there any update planned for factorio 1.1? I have a savegame with about 150 hours playtime where I used this mod.

Regards,

tomatenforever

3 years ago

A friend and I made a few changes to make this mod work for us on 1.1 as it was the last mod we still needed for our multiplayer save.
You can download our zip from https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h3I_AsDqsBAdqguxexSJ8q24Sexa4Z2e/view?usp=sharing
Just drag the zip into the appdata/roaming/factorio/mods folder and it should be selectable in game.
Alternatively, if you don't trust a random person on the internet to send you a zip file, here are the changes we made:

Zip file and first folder inside: changed name to BetterBots_1.3.8
control.lua Line 6 changed from: require 'mod-gui' to: local mod_gui = require("mod-gui")
scheduler.lua Line 1 changed from: require 'mod-gui' to: local mod_gui = require("mod-gui")
info.json Line 4 changed version to "1.3.8"
info.json Line 9 changed factorio_version to "1.1"

Note: We have not tested wired roboports, roboport power field, and roboport sensor array functionality as we don't use those in our base

3 years ago

Push topic :)

3 years ago

+1

3 years ago

The inofficial update of jollywalrus works perfect for me - I didn't find any bugs or problems.

3 years ago

Mod dev doesn't look active, anyone open to putting up a patched version of this mod? Be really helpful for multiplayer

3 years ago

+1

2 years ago

Alright I've finally got around to publishing this: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/BetterBotsWLK
Note that v1.3.8 is just jollywalrus' version i.e. fix for 1.1.x
In v1.3.9 I've removed all wired roboport and power field functionality - it's just hacky and gives issues.

New response