Better Bots Technologies

Adds more technologies for roboports and robots, including additional roboports charge pads and expanded bot power cells. Instead of giving them out for free like many other mods, this one strives to blend into the existing game balance.

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 0.18
Logistic network

a Version 1.3.1

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Hello everyone!

Version 1.3.1 is out!

I've been able to tackle some long standing bugs, along with new issues introduced in 0.17:
- Blueprinting and Deconstructing should now work as intended! This includes any planned circuit connection that you may have in your blueprints. This works both if the roboport is placed by hand or by a robot.
- The Pipette Tool is now working on upgraded roboports!

There is still a known issue though: If you place a blueprint containing roboports and, before you physically build them, research a new level of Advanced Roboport technology (or do a reset of the roboports), all the planned circuit connections are lost due to the upgrade process. Just remember to build all the roboports before upgrading and you should be fine.

Alongside those features, I have rebalanced technologies to be more in line with the scope of the new science packs introduced in 0.17. Now that yellow and purple science have their own purposes (instead of being purple < yellow), i've changed the cost of the following technologies to use yellow (utility) science packs instead of purple (production) ones:
- Advanced roboports level 2
- Roboport sensor array level 1
- Worker robot power cells level 3 and 4

Despite being a minor version, this one actually required some big changes behind the scenes. I've tested everything to the best of my capabilites, but as always something may still be broken. I STRONGLY recommend everyone to backup their saves before updating the mod.

Also remember that I cannot realistically test my mod with all other mods in existence. There may be incompatibilities, especially with other mods that deal with roboports. If you find any such incompatibility please report it so that I can see if they can be fixed.

And as always if you find any problem or issue after the update, just drop by and leave a message here in the Discussion tab. I'll be glad to look into it as soon as I can!

Bye!

New response