Better Bots Technologies

Adds more technologies for roboports and robots, including additional roboports charge pads and expanded bot power cells. Instead of giving them out for free like many other mods, this one strives to blend into the existing game balance.

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 0.18
Logistic network

a Version 1.3.0

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Hi everyone!

With 0.17 going to stable in the next few weeks, i took the chance to upgrade the mod to be compatible with 0.17 and got around working some bugs that have been there since forever.

First of all, I've been able to completely prevent the stuttering that some players were experiencing with very high number of roboports, which was due to how i handled the charting procedure for the Roboport Sensor Array technology. There is still some overhead with it, but it has now been reduced by a factor of 10 or more.

Most important though, it will only happen if you actually have the technology researched, so it's now possible to skip the technology altogether if it still gives you performance issues (i've tested it on a 1k science per minute map with almost 3k roboports and it ran flawlessly, so you'd need an extremely high number of roboports to get into trouble).

As always, make a backup of your saves before upgrading and let me know here on this forum any problems you may find.

Bye!

4 years ago

Thank you for the update to 0.17! <3

4 years ago

thank you! finally!
i do wonder, is there a way to toggle the sensor/radar on the roboports?

4 years ago

i do wonder, is there a way to toggle the sensor/radar on the roboports?

At the moment there's no way to turn it off once researched. The simplest way would be to add a control to the mod's GUI at the top which would prevent the charting procedure if toggled. I don't think a "per-roboport" toggle is needed (or practical anyway).

Thanks for the suggestion!

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

if you're looking for suggestions, I would suggest adding a tech upgrade adding lights to the Roboports. i have lighted electric poles and now that I don't need substations everywhere for my Roboports my base isn't lit anymore.

4 years ago

This is a good suggestion, i'll see what i can do. It could be a new research maybe, or something that comes with the wired roboports tech... Most probably the light won't be interactable in any way, much like the power lines, but I don't think anyone would mind having their roboports lit up xD

Thanks

New response