Better Bots Technologies

Adds more technologies for roboports and robots, including additional roboports charge pads and expanded bot power cells. Instead of giving them out for free like many other mods, this one strives to blend into the existing game balance.

Content
4 years ago
0.16 - 0.18
Logistic network

b can't blacklist roboports

5 years ago

While doing cleanup of a factory I found out that I can't blacklist upgraded roboports from BetterBots.

I usually do it together with power poles so the first sweep takes away most stuff and so the second can take away the bot infrastructure.

Can you fix this?

5 years ago

Hi limdi!

Unfortunately, this is something that's not possible to the best of my knowledge, because the blacklist/whitelist tool uses the item prototype of the vanilla roboport, and it can't recognize an upgraded roboport, which is a different type of entity altogether.

There's no way to fix this. Even if I added an item entity for each stage of the upgraded roboports (there are various different upgraded-roboports entities, depending on which technologies have been researched), it would only add more icons to the blacklist interface making it simply unusable (the player would still need to choose the correct item for it to work)

I'm sorry but this is something that is handled by the game engine and can't be done with a mod.

5 years ago

Hi ThePlash, would it be possible to add a button to the GUI to temporarily reset the roboports to normal, then re-upgrade them after the deconstruction is complete?

New response