Better Bots Technologies

Adds more technologies for roboports and robots, including additional roboports charge pads and expanded bot power cells. Instead of giving them out for free like many other mods, this one strives to blend into the existing game balance.

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 0.18
Logistic network

a 1.1 about to be released!

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Hey guys!

I'm about to release the 1.1 version of the mod, I just need to clean up the code, do the locale stuff and run a couple more tests.

I've added some interesting stuffs behind the scenes here, and 2 new technologies

First, I've fixed the game-freezing issue on maps with high number of roboports. I've been able to achieve this by adding a scheduler to all the upgrade/reset operations instead of running them all real-time. This means that all the good stuff may take some time to be applied after being researched, but I've added a nice little GUI that will pop up when things get scheduled and give you some feedback on the process. Let me know what you think about it!

The 2 new technologies are the Wired Roboports, which allow the roboports to wire themselves directly to nearby power poles, and the Roboport sensor array that gives your roboports the ability to reveal an area around them on the minimap.

Anyway, I'm planning on releasing the new version soonish? Tomorrow I hope, as always let me know what you think, or if you have any other ideas or suggestions feel free to post them here and I'll see what i can do :D

Bye!

6 years ago

Nice

6 years ago

The update is live!

There are A LOT of new stuffs going on behind the scenes, I did my best to test everything but as always, if you find anything that's not working as intended, please let me know here on the discussion board so i can fix it.

Bye!

6 years ago

Just would like to say that this mod is awesome, so keep up the good work!

6 years ago

If already placed before installing the update and it is removed a roboport leaves a unknown entity behind.

6 years ago

love the new map tech, just removed 479 radar stations :p

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Tried to remove some roboports and got this:
Error while running event
BetterBots::on_nth_tick(300)
BetterBots/control.lua:198: attempt to
index local 'port_data'a nil value)

I seems to only happen when removing ports that are full of bots, and only when the bots they to empty out the port, you can just take it up fine.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Thanks man, you are my official beta tester it seems :D

I tracked down both bugs, they had the same roots, and the cause was not easy to find.

It was all a migration problem and it's fixed now. Most probably it will work right away on your last save, but to be honest, i'd load an old save pre 1.1.0 if I were you, just to be sure (especially if you had unknown entities around)

Anyway, thanks again for finding those bugs for me!

Bye

New response