Better Bots Technologies

Adds more technologies for roboports and robots, including additional roboports charge pads and expanded bot power cells. Instead of giving them out for free like many other mods, this one strives to blend into the existing game balance.

Content
4 years ago
0.16 - 0.18
Logistic network

b Researching "Roboports charching pads" crashesh the game

6 years ago

Yea, exatly.
It has no bonus listed on technology screen (so it looks like it gives nothing), and, well, after researching this technology game freeze. I leave it for something about 15m and still freezed. :(

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

This is odd indeed, maybe it's interfering with some other mods...
The research showing no modifier (bonus) is intended and is a limitation of the mod framework: we can't add new modifiers yet (that's why i must replace all roboports on the map with an upgraded version instead of just fiddling with the numbers of the existing ones)

Anyway, can you please test without any other mod active? And if it works, can you give me a list of mods so i can try to troubleshoot the problem?

Also, which factorio version are you running?

6 years ago

It took a good 30 sec on my game, but then I thought about it, I have 2500 roboports.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Mmmm yeah, with so many ports in the game it must take a very long time to upgrade them all...

I may think about adding a scheduler instead of upgrading them all together... I could queue the upgrade procedure and manage 50-100 ports per tick to prevent the game from freezing...

I'll look into it, I don't think I could make the upgrade process any less demanding tbh

New response