Better Linked Chest

Linked chest with Dropdown to set the Chest inventory.

1 year, 30 days ago
Circuit network Storage Cheats

i Some ideas

1 year, 1 month ago
(updated 1 year, 1 month ago)
  1. I would like to see the dropdown list sorted.
  2. How about droppping an item held in cursor on some gui element to autogenerate the name of the chest holding that item? Or choosing an item with a dialog, something like crafting inventory?
  3. Looking at sources, is 100 chests a limit?
  4. Copying with Shift + Right Click -> Shift + Left Click works but blueprinting over doesn't. Not changing the id of the chest.
  5. Pressing Add button should change list's selected index to that item.
1 year, 1 month ago

Hey thanks for your great ideas!

4,5: Alredy working on it.
2: Dropping an item into the Textfield and generating the name schould be a clean solution. Other than that i'd love to implement something simmilar to the train name setup, so you can add item icon into the name.
3: I don't think there should be a 100 chest limit, but i've not testet it as of now.

I'll add a ToDoList to the Information tab.

1 year, 1 month ago

I was reffering to: function getFirstFreeID().

1 year, 1 month ago

Yeah you're right. Thanks

1 year, 1 month ago

There are multiple problems after your updates.

Just by clicking exisiting chests:
Error while running event Better-Linked-Chest::on_gui_opened (ID 88)
Gui element with name blc.elem_button already present in the parent element.
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'add'
Better-Linked-Chest/control.lua:80: in function <Better-Linked-Chest/control.lua:2>

Sometimes by just pasting blueprint without your entity:
Error while running event Better-Linked-Chest::on_pre_build (ID 9)
LuaItemStack API call when LuaItemStack was invalid for read.
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'get_blueprint_entities'
Better-Linked-Chest/control.lua:253: in function <Better-Linked-Chest/control.lua:239>

Existing chests don't have their list sorted.

So I started a new game and the chest clicking bug is still there. Build 2 chest, clicked first one (opened its inventory), then on second chest:
Error while running event Better-Linked-Chest::on_gui_opened (ID 88)
Gui element with name blc.elem_button already present in the parent element.
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'add'
Better-Linked-Chest/control.lua:80: in function <Better-Linked-Chest/control.lua:2>

I can't really test it further.

1 year, 1 month ago

I would like to see another way to choose a specific chest. Instead of using dropdown list I would like to use the same button I used to create a chest name. If a chest with selected item exists, make it active, if not, create it and make it active after.

1 year, 1 month ago

Errors fixed with V1.0.6.

With the new button the name is autogenerated and if the generated name alredy exists as a link name this link is selected

1 year, 1 month ago

Ok, it gets nowhere. New map, I just placed one chest down, used button to generate a name for the item I was holding in the hand. So far so good. Then I placed another chest down,

The mod Better Linked Chest (1.0.9) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.
Error while running event Better-Linked-Chest::on_pre_build (ID 9)
LuaItemStack API call when LuaItemStack was invalid for read.
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'get_blueprint_entities'
Better-Linked-Chest/control.lua:266: in function <Better-Linked-Chest/control.lua:251>

1 year, 1 month ago

So youre trying to place a blueprint and then the mod crashes?

Can you send me the blueprint string and are you using other mods?

1 year, 1 month ago

I was able to recreate the error. It only happens when the blueprint or blueprint book is stored in the blueprint library. For now just avoid placing blueprints saved there.

1 year, 1 month ago

Can you add a search option?

The blueprints option seems to be not working properly.

1 year, 1 month ago

I'll take a look if i can make it searchable.

Whats not working with the blueprints? Do you get a crash or is it pasting the wrong link ids

1 year, 1 month ago

does not paste from blueprints "ID" chests

1 year, 1 month ago

can you send me the blueprint string?

1 year, 1 month ago
(updated 1 year, 1 month ago)

I have installed SE and K2 mod

0eNqV0sEOgjAMBuB36XkY2QBlr2KMEWm0EQph00gI7+6GFxOZyY5t+n+9/BNUzQP7gdiCnoAuHRvQhwkMXfnc+J0dewQNZLEFAXxu/VShtTgkDfEd6+RyQ2NhFkBc4wt0Oh8FIFuyhB9uGcYTP9oKB3fwFxLQd8ZlO/b/nZeobJMLGF2w3OTujz8/Ue0/iR9cxuIygKsVXMXiKoDLFTyLxbcBPF/B81g8DeDZCl5E4rIM4IWvztI1/VVNAU8czJKX+zTblXJXlHK7V3Ke3wEq5YQ=

1 year, 1 month ago

i tested it with Version 1.0.13 and 1.0.14(not public as of now). With both Versions it works just fine for me.

The chests from you blueprint have the ids 1 to 6 and the dropdown list is empty. => works as intended
If you copy blueprints from other saves the link ids will be copied as is. So if you copy a chest with id 4 and paste the blueprint it will always have the id 4.

With blueprints only the link id is copied not the link name.

1 year, 1 month ago

I think problem is with SE mod, when disabled SE bluebrint copy ID

1 year, 1 month ago

SE = Space Exploration right?

1 year, 1 month ago

yes

1 year, 1 month ago

try it again with V1.0.16 i changed some things with blueprints

1 year, 1 month ago

only with Space Explorationmod all chest from blueprint have same ID = 3

1 year, 1 month ago

I just found out if you start a spaceship in SE all chests get the same id and mix everything up. Using rockets or capsules is no problem. New chests in my run are ID3 as well.

3 months ago

Hi, I have a suggestion based on my experience. Basically, I have a few chests here and there, and in the factory a few chests are "dirtied" with items that shouldn't be in there, but now I can't remember where all the chests are, so I have a huge difficulty finding them. Is it possible to add a feature that indicates on the map all the chests with a specific ID?

Thank you

2 months ago

Hi momift,
currently i do not have the time to implement new features.
As to your idea. I dont know how hard the performance hit would be if we search for all chests on the map, since youd have to scan the whole map or store the location of every placed chest. Mayby i can implement a "deconstruction" planner that only marks the chests with a given id - but this will be a summer project.

"dirted" chests are pretty normal due to the fact that you do not delete the inventory of a chest if you delete the link. If you delete a link the inventory stays and if you assign the link id to a new label the items will reappear.

New response