BeltRouter

This mod allows you to route belts and pipes automatically: 1. Put the starting belt and ending belt on ground first, 2. then select the starting belt with ctrl+right-click and 3. select a ending belt with ctrl+left-click. 4. Boom, belt ghosts are created!

Utilities
2 years ago
1.0 - 1.1

i Waypoints/any destination

3 years ago

Currently, the end of a route must be a belt, and each route has only an end and start point. If one were able to select any tile as a waypoint and press q to clear the input queue, belt could be routed much more easily and with less ups cost (shorter pathfinding operations).

3 years ago

Great idea, indeed a lot of people also mentioned adding waypoints into this mod. will implement in next version. :D

3 years ago

FYI. 1.3.0 is out :D

I added a new shortcut for waypoint mode.

3 years ago

The way you implemented it is good, but it would be easier to use if it were a hotkey to hold down rather than a toggle. The default key of tab also interferes with the weapon switch key.

3 years ago

Yes you are right. However, as I mentioned before, Factorio only detects user custom input when key is press, not when key is released. So this toggle switch is the best compromise I can have for now :(

For interefering with weapon switching key, this can be solved easily in next version. Weapon switching is only effective when player is shooting, so the script can only toggle waypoint mode if player's not shooting.

New response