Atomic Artillery

This mod adds Atomic Artillery shells

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Combat

b Incorrect bomb AoE Damage wave type; radius too small?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

One bug, one thing that you may or may not want:

1. (the bug): In one of your nested-results, you have projectile = "atomic-bomb-wave", instead of what I suspect you meant projectile = "atomic-artillery-wave", (the former is the normal nuclear bomb's AoE damage pulse, the latter is the one you defined in projectiles.lua, but then never use?)

2. (optional/FYI) You can make this mod behave (more) correctly with artillery auto-target if you change how the initial damage pulse is calculated. Right now, it thinks that the true AoE of the round is radius 9, but that's only your destroy-cliffs pulse. I went ahead and did some testing; whatever the first 'radius' value in 'action' is, that's the radius the game assumes the rest of the weapon has. So if you simply move the 'projectile = "atomic-bomb-wave"' nested-result above the destroy-cliffs action, then the game will correctly place shots 35 units apart (center to center). It's still not an ideal shot placement, but the default targeting AI isn't exactly brilliant.

I can submit a PR on github, but because I'd have to do a git-mv to update the version of the folder, the PR would be a huge clusterfuck to read, since every file would be counted as 'everything changed'. :(

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I've removed the old "atomic-artillery-wave" because it looked pretty terrible, forgot I even had it there, should've removed it when I replaced the old effects.

The only issue that remains now is the bizarre behaviour of trees being destroyed before the wave actually hits them, looks pretty odd.

3 years ago

Well that's the invisible pressure-wave of air crushing them, so it doesn't look odd to me...

New response