Artillery Flares deprecated

Introduces different kind of flares which can be placed on the map to automate artillery targeting. [Mod does still work (I think), but the concept is flawed - you can't shoot accurately like this, there are too many factors involved]

Content
4 years ago
0.17 - 0.18
Combat

g 0.18 update

4 years ago

any plans for 0.18

4 years ago

Yes, that really would be nice! :-)

4 years ago

Damn, I didn't think anybody would still use this ;)
Well, I guess I'll have to get on it on the weekend then...

4 years ago

Great news! :-D

4 years ago

Updated...

Thats maybe a dumb question, but what do you even do with this mod?
In my experience the aiming and shooting time of artillery is not consistent enough to make really use of these flares against attacking biter hordes. I almost never hit anything ;)

4 years ago

Thanks for updating! I'll try as soon as I get back home.

To be honest, I've never used it yet. It was installed in my game for a long time, but my game hasn't progressed yet to the point where I have artillery (I'm a slow player anyways, plus modding and RL have left me too little time to spend on playing). Nevertheless, the mod description looked interesting (that's why I installed this mod in the first place) and I still want to try it out. Also, it was the only mod on my list that hadn't been officially updated and that I couldn't fix myself. So now it's done, I guess I can put in an hour or two of playing tonight. :-)

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I'm also testing the mod (I changed versions before it could test it) and found it could use some improvements.

First is that bots can't seem to put down the flares (they do try though) which would make replacing time consuming. Ideally there would be other ways to deploy the flares like in capsules or as a bomb. However it would need other mods to make these work like land mine thrower, ramparts arsenal's capsule turret or aircraft if the author(s) got around to making a bomber.

Also I was testing with modded artillery shells nuclear shells to be exact so that helps with travel time.

New response