Armoured Biters

by CybranM

Adds a new type of enemy to the game called "Snappers" with custom sprites and animations. They're heavily armoured but slower than regular biters. This mod is compatible with most other mods.

Content
9 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Enemies

b Incompatible with bob's enemies

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Hello,

Could you confirm that your mod is incompatible with bob's enemies ? (Update : compatible but corpses issue)

Could you confirm that your mod is also (in)compatible with krastorio ? (Update : fixed by Krastorio)

PS : what factor of evolution do they appear?

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Sorry for the late response, what do you mean by "confirm that your mod is incompatible with bob's enemies ?"
Have you run into problems with having them on at the same time? If thats the case I cant do much about that Im afraid.

The biters appear at the same evolution factors as their counterparts, small snappers can spawn whenever a small biter can spawn, same for medium, large, behemoth.

4 years ago

I observed that Bob's biters turn to snappers when they die, at least their graphics. Bob's alien artifacts are dropped as usual.

Maybe this is the issue Redstylt is referring to.

4 years ago

Yes there is this issue that Maglay said
But the main issue i found was with krastorio but Linver fixed it (It was from krastorio)

3 years ago

Radstylt could you expand a bit on that. I found nothing in the changelog https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Krastorio2/changelog
I noticed it too that there don't seem to spawn any armored biters with bobs enemies, but some turn into them on death.
I also play with krastorio2.

3 years ago

The biters appear at the same evolution factors as their counterparts, small snappers can spawn whenever a small biter can spawn, same for medium, large, behemoth.

I got behemoth snappers at evolution 0.54. 12k health. Surprise!! Meanwhile no standard behemoth biters in next hours... till Evo 0.90.
Bob enemies is installed. It's Bob enemies mod error, cause it should pair with standard behemoth. Even if I set 'Strong biters earlier'. :-(
As usual Bob's mod are not good with other mods installed and without his own cheat overpowered mod packs. Eco system...

3 years ago

Aaah, no, that not BobEnemies option, but a bug in ArmouredBiters. I was too fast with conclusions. Sorry.
If one sets 200% BehemothSnapper probability (to have more fun in the endgame) he receives this https://i.imgur.com/pyLwPx4.png

Expected result: when time comes for Behemoth biters to be born (>90% Evo) armoured ones will have a double chance.

3 years ago

Ah, there was indeed an error in the spawn-probability settings code which should now be fixed. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!
The new version should be available to download

New response