Armor pockets

Equipment that increases inventory capacity.

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Armor

i Settings request

3 years ago

Hello,
thank you for porting the mod to a current version, thanks to that we can somehow increase our inventory size without feeling too cheaty (especially when we play krastorio2 and Space Exploration mods so there's a ton of new intermediate items which results in even messier inventory).

However, would be possible to change the multiplier logic for Pocket MK2? Either give an option to input my own multiplier number (instead of the dropdown of preset numbers) or give the option to set total slots for MK2? The point is that when I set MK1 to 2 slots then only multiplier 5 is beneficial in comparison of MK1 because MK2 is 2x2 in grid while MK1 is 1x1 which means in one MK2 I can insert 4x MK1 which is the equivalent of multiplier 4.

The second thing is I'd like to set, for an instance, a higher benefit of pocket MK2 like 13 slots (considering that the base number of MK1 is 2), although even if the multiplier option would allow me to set the value to 6 {12} or 7 {14} I still won't be able to set it to 13.

Thank you for answer,
Jouki

3 years ago

Thank you for the kind words and I am glad to see people enjoying the mod. I can certainly change it to a manual number input instead of a multiplier. I'll limit the number range to that there is still a limit and some what balanced.

I should be able to get this pushed by this evening when I have a moment to make the quick change.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Since the context of balancing can heavily change when played with other overhaul mods (As I already mentioned with krastorio2 and space exploration) I'd personally recommend either of following options:
1. Don't limit it and mention your recommended upper limit to tip note when you hover the option.
2. (This one I'd prefer personally if I should have decided) Create a checkbox above already existing option and call it "Recommended Balance" (with appropriate description) then make another 2 options - the same as already existing; Field for slots of MK1 and Field for slots for MK2. And lastly, add a warning that if the Recommended balancing checkbox is ticked then it overrides the manual setting!

Thank you for your effort :)

3 years ago

I appreciate your input and am happy to get feed back; however, I feel like adding to many options will only add unnecessary confusion and ruin the simplicity this mod offers. I can set the settings to a default and allow users to change that if desired and I feel that is probably best. The defaults will be my recommend settings which I determine to be the best balance. Something else I can do is add in half-integers to the list of options. This would allow you to get numbers such as your desired 13. They will be rounded down so you'll have to account for that when aiming for numbers such as 7, 13, etc.

I, for one, appreciate having options and allowing users that may not know how to edit them manually an easy solution to getting the mod to best suit their needs. At the same time I feel like it can be easy to be overwhelmed with too many options and it quickly turns into a negative.

Once again thank you for the suggestions and please feel free to let me know your thoughts on my changes.

3 years ago

Sure I agree with this approach as long as there's not the limitation of input. I forgot to mention you can gray out the option when the checkbox it unticked (that was quite essential to this idea but completely forgot to mention it :D). However, since there will be manual option to set it I don't mind any approach :)
Although, I'd recommend to note the fact of rounding and the option of assigning float/decimal number.

Thank you, besides any ETA when the update will be released? :)

3 years ago

Okay, the update has been pushed.

It's not unlimited regarding the slots; however, I fill giving people the option to add 100 slots per mk2 armor pocket is more then enough for almost everyone. I hope this is acceptable as I fill it is the best solution.

3 years ago

of course, thank you :)

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

No problem. Thanks again for your suggestions and input.

Something I didn't mention here but is in the change log. The cost per mk1 and mk2 armor pocket gets exponentially more expensive the more slots you set them to add. So for instance setting the mk2 pocket to give 100 inventory slots will make it cost 10 mk1 pockets and 100 low density structures(About 7k oil, 6.1k iron, and 3.25k copper.) While at default values the mk2 armor pocket will cost a 10th of the resources (700 oil, 610 iron, and 325 copper).

3 years ago

Ok hopefully it will be balanced. I'll test it out
with friend tomorrow, so I can give you a feedback if anything feels too HC (thou I think it will be alright :))

3 years ago

I agree that the mk2 isn't better at x4 multiplier and below because you change to a 2x2 which can no longer be simply used to fill in those odd number gaps(like on a 5x4 armor grid). Could you add an option to change the mk2 into a 1x1 equipment instead? Also, thank you very much for making this mod. Good job!

New response