Aircraft Realism

by haih_ys

Adds mechanics to make vehicles behave as planes. [Takeoff/Landing, Runway Requirement]

Content
2 days ago
0.17 - 1.1
Transportation

g ✔️ Plane unable to take off on different speed units

1 year, 8 months ago

Hello,
While trying to take off in King Jo's Ju G38 the plane will never leave the ground.
I go maximum speed along a cement paved runway that is multiple chunks long, reaching max ground speed way before the end and then run out of runway and just lose all speed.
I'm wondering if it's a mod incompatability, or if there is something I am missing?

The red 'takeoff speed' needle is set at 2 on the speed gauge, but my max ground speed never makes the needle move farther than 12:10 or so...

I have tried changing takeoff speed to 11 and landing speed to 10 but it makes no difference.

1 year, 8 months ago

Oddly enough, it looks like switching from Imperial to Metric on both readouts fixed the issue?

1 year, 6 months ago

Using imperial on the takeoff / landing speed page sets the speed to takeoff / land in miles per hour, which is likely why it is harder to take off. The unit setting on the speed readout changes how the aircraft speed is read back to you on the gauges, and has no effect on the flight characteristics.

New response