Aircraft Realism

by haih_ys

Adds mechanics to make vehicles behave as planes. [Takeoff/Landing, Runway Requirement]

Content
4 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Transportation

b ✔️ Fail to create a texture on start up

1 year, 11 months ago

dear

I have the planes from KJ installed which require your mod to make it work. But when I start up Factorio, I get a '' Failed to create a texture" error. It doesn't tell which one. I have many mods active so I started to remove the ones I installed the last and going back. When I got to this mod, I no longer got the error.

The error occurs at the 40% mark when the game is cropping bitmaps.

I Installed all the mods back which I removed and no problemens until I added Aircraft realism again at which the error happend again in the same mannner.

greetings

Michael Van Heupen

1 year, 11 months ago

Hello,

This may be caused by you running out of memory, as Aircraft Realism duplicates the planes for the airborne variant. I installed all of KJ planes and had no issues, however it used a peak of 14GB memory (RAM). As a possible fix, could you try changing the graphics quality to normal. If that does not work, could you provide the specific aircraft mods you installed and how much memory you have?

These sources describe a similar issue as yours.
https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?t=88053
https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?t=59712

1 year, 11 months ago
(updated 1 year, 11 months ago)

Hello

I think ( if i'm reading it right ) DX diag tells me I got 16 gb of memory and on page 2 says about 12 gb. I'm sporting a AMD R9 390 card so it's pretty aged, my rig is about 7+ years. So the memory running out would probably be true in my case. I use a bunch of mods nowdays.( starting up takes a good 10 min) there's all so fun :) But my son of 4.5 years really wanted to have planes too, to fight the bugs :). Time for an upgrade. I tend to forget while Factorio is not super grafic demanding, there's a lot of copmuting behind it, with all the entieties and whatnot.

I installed all KJ planes, which needed aircraft realism
I also have helicpter revival and lex's aircraft which work without.

So thank you for your answer, now I know what I need to do. I have run into other 'old rig limitations' on recent games so this is just one of those.

greetings

Michael

ps: I have now one big bomber and one small bomber as active mod and it works. so My son will be happy, and that will do until I upgrade

New response