Aircraft Realism

by haih_ys

Adds mechanics to make vehicles behave as planes. [Takeoff/Landing, Runway Requirement]

Content
3 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Transportation

b ✔️ Crash landing cargo plane using AAI

2 years ago

The mod Aircraft Realism (1.3.2) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event AircraftRealism::on_tick (ID 0)
AircraftRealism/logic/planeTakeoffLanding.lua:41: Old plane does not have same number of guns as new plane. Check plane prototypes
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'assert'
AircraftRealism/logic/planeTakeoffLanding.lua:41: in function 'transitionPlane'
AircraftRealism/logic/planeTakeoffLanding.lua:150: in function 'planeLand'
AircraftRealism/logic/planeManager.lua:50: in function 'checkPlanes'
AircraftRealism/control.lua:14: in function <AircraftRealism/control.lua:8>

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I've been getting the same error: this looks to be an incompatibility between Aircraft Realism and AAI Programmable Vehicles (0.7.14) regarding the Cargo Plane's gun. AAI Programmable Vehicles removes the gun from the Cargo Plane because "hauler types should not have guns", presumably because it has different behavior for transport vehicles (This happens in prototypes/ai-vehicles.lua in that mod). However, this only happens after Aircraft Realism has already made a copy of the Cargo Plane for the airborne version, since that is a different entity. As a result, the gun only gets removed from the landed version of the plane, resulting in this error.

The easiest fix to this, and a workaround that you can do at home to fix this, is to change the load order such that Aircraft Realism loads after AAI Programmable Vehicles. This can be done by modifying the info.json file in the root of the Aircraft Realism mod directory, and adding "aai-programmable-vehicles" as an optional dependency. This means your "dependencies" line will go from "dependencies": ["base >= 0.18", "? Aircraft >= 1.7.0", "? betterCargoPlanes >= 1.0.8", "? Helicopters >= 0.3.14"], to "dependencies": ["base >= 0.18", "? Aircraft >= 1.7.0", "? betterCargoPlanes >= 1.0.8", "? Helicopters >= 0.3.14", "(?) aai-programmable-vehicles"],

2 years ago

thanks

2 years ago

I have had a few reports of errors with AAI now. I will see if there are additional incompatibilities with AAI, then I will think about a more permanent solution.

2 years ago

Adding on cause I'm hoping it helps; Similar crash when taking off in Flying-Fortress.

The mod Aircraft Realism (1.3.2) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event AircraftRealism::on_tick (ID 0)
AircraftRealism/logic/planeTakeoffLanding.lua:41: Old plane does not have same number of guns as new plane. Check plane prototypes
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'assert'
AircraftRealism/logic/planeTakeoffLanding.lua:41: in function 'transitionPlane'
AircraftRealism/logic/planeTakeoffLanding.lua:111: in function 'planeTakeoff'
AircraftRealism/logic/planeManager.lua:36: in function 'checkPlanes'
AircraftRealism/control.lua:14: in function <AircraftRealism/control.lua:8>

VDOGamez' fix does work in my case, I reverted to get the error message for you.

Thank you all.

2 years ago

Thank you all, I have looked through AAI, and decided the best fix is the one described here - simply loading this mod after AAI so changes to the grounded versions of the planes is reflected in the airborne versions.

Fixed as of 1.3.3

(My apologies for taking so long)

New response