Aircraft Realism

by haih_ys

Adds mechanics to make vehicles behave as planes. [Takeoff/Landing, Runway Requirement]

Content
4 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Transportation

b ✔️ Incorrect handling of fuel usage multiplier

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Really cool mod, but I noticed a few issues.

1. When taking off, the sound effect restarts.
  2. When flying, biters can still damage you.
  3. Lowering the fuel consumption in the mod settings makes the gunship accelerate at a very low rate requiring up to a minute to take off for some reason. But once you hit the takeoff speed, the plane instantly accelerates to a very high speed. The settings I used for this was 0.25 grounded and 1 airborne consumption.
3 years ago

Hello!

To address your points:

1. There is no way to address this because of how the mod handles taking off and landing as far as I know---the mod creates a new plane with no collisions and moves everything from the old plane over for the airborne plane
  2. This is intentional to reduce the power of planes
  3. This is a bug, I will look into it and get back to you
3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)
  1. Perhaps it could be solved by having an additional sound effect that skips the first couple of seconds of the audio (the part where the engine throttles up) and it would be a more seamless transition?

2. I can understand

3. Might also be a problem for the other aircrafts, I just only tested the gunship.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Edit: accidentally posted the same message twice.

3 years ago

Incorrect handling of fuel usage multiplier fixed as of 1.1.2.

For the aircraft, it appears the sounds from the original mod is separated into start, stop and loop here. I am guessing that if I remove the start from the airborne planes it will skip straight to the loop sound; however the audio will probably still be noticeably misaligned.

3 years ago

Actually, restarting the sound loop provides a nice audible indication that you are airborne already, so it's useful, imo.

3 years ago

Well you can already tell by the shadow, but I get what you mean. I do think it could be done in a different way though. A tire screech sound effect could be an indicator of when you are landing for example? And a tire rumbling when accelerating or decelerating on ground.

New response