Standalone K2 Advanced Assembly Machine

A severely over-engineered standalone port of advanced assembly machine from Krastorio 2, with optional Space Exploration rebalancing, as well as a custom recipe generation script to circumvent game's max 1-craft-per-tick limitation.

Content
16 days ago

g recipes appear twice.

1 year, 4 months ago

At first I thought it was a mistake. But I guess it was intentional. Recibebook, recipe exp. I don't want to see 2 recipes of the same product in etc recipe modes. (x4 time and x4 items) is there a way to remove this? I love this mod because I love KR so much because it doesn't add multiple levels and it's balanced. Well done, but I hope we can remove this multiple recipe?? :/

1 year, 4 months ago

Sorry I don't think there's a way to hide these recipes in recipe book :(
The alternative to that is changing the original recipe to all have x4 time and x4 items, but it would influence all vanilla assemblers too. Do you think that would be a good fix? It would be an in game option. I've got some free time to implement that since I just got covided but the symptoms are mild.

1 year, 4 months ago

Thanks for the quick response. I love such balanced modes consisting of a single stage. I don't think I can easily give up on this. There is another assembly machine mod, again taken from kr2; but it adds exactly 6 levels. Do you have the opportunity to balance this mod as in your own mod? (Single stage)

The Mod I'm Talking About:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/zAL-machine

1 year, 4 months ago

That would be easy, but you are missing the point of modifying the recipes. This game isn't designed to handle machines that craft faster than 60 times a second (The game's tick rate). Recipes without productivity would be capped at 60 output per second, and recipes with productivity would output more items than intended if the productivity bonus is lower than 100%, less items if higher than 100%. That's why all recipes with productivity in K2 has a minimum crafting time of 2 seconds.

1 year, 4 months ago

I did not know that. I also do mods myself. For example, in a tree mode, the seed generation speed is 0.5 sec. Is this inconvenient for performance? Off topic, but... Thank you.

1 year, 4 months ago

60 x 0.5 = 30, so if a machine has a crafting speed higher than 30 it would glitch out. Wouldn't cause any problems for performance though

1 year, 4 months ago
(updated 1 year, 4 months ago)

By the way my laptop screen broke and I wouldn't be able to use it till Saturday, so no updates to the mod till then. Sorry for that

New response