248k Mod

Advance through 4 stages of tech. Start with simple machines and work your way through nuclear fission and fusion up to black and white holes, in order to tame the 248k Element. This mod is designed to be playable in already existing worlds since it changes nothing on world generation. Can be played as a standalone mod or in overhaul mode.

Overhaul
2 months ago
1.0 - 1.1

b 248k +K3+ SE Research Hard Lock

2 months ago
(updated 2 months ago)

Hello! I've not had any issues with 248k playing nice with K2+SE, right up until I got ready to launch my first cargo rocket. I discovered in the tech tree, that space science is unlocked by Advanced Furnance (which requires space science), Cryoslush (which also requires space science), Utility science (which you guessed it, needs space science) before you can finally research Fission Energy, and the following tech, then finally researching space science.

I even went and checked the crashed spaceship that always spawns in the asteroid belt, and it only had 400 space science on board, 1200 fewer than required, I poked around at the data-final lua file to see if I could figure out where that tech tree mishap is, but I didn't see it, and honestly not sure I'd know it if I saw it (I'm not very familiar with lua).

Edit: In the event you haven't played SE, utility science is actually behind space science since they are both made in space. I realize the issue is the science packs use the vanilla item id instead of a special mod specific name, so 248k doesn't know any better.

2 months ago

Hello! I've not had any issues with 248k playing nice with K2+SE, right up until I got ready to launch my first cargo rocket. I discovered in the tech tree, that space science is unlocked by Advanced Furnance (which requires space science), Cryoslush (which also requires space science), Utility science (which you guessed it, needs space science) before you can finally research Fission Energy, and the following tech, then finally researching space science.

I even went and checked the crashed spaceship that always spawns in the asteroid belt, and it only had 400 space science on board, 1200 fewer than required, I poked around at the data-final lua file to see if I could figure out where that tech tree mishap is, but I didn't see it, and honestly not sure I'd know it if I saw it (I'm not very familiar with lua).

Edit: In the event you haven't played SE, utility science is actually behind space science since they are both made in space. I realize the issue is the science packs use the vanilla item id instead of a special mod specific name, so 248k doesn't know any better.

Edit 2: I'm in overhaul mode btw.

2 months ago

Ill take a look on the weekend :)

12 days ago
(updated 12 days ago)

Hi. I have the same problem. Circular dependency between Space science pack and Indrustrial furnace (that needs space pack).
https://ibb.co/LhtLPk8 and https://ibb.co/smzMGK8 shows the research queue.

New response