248k Mod

Advance through 4 stages of tech. Start with simple machines and work your way through nuclear fission and fusion up to black and white holes, in order to tame the 248k Element. This mod is designed to be playable in already existing worlds since it changes nothing on world generation. Can be played as a standalone mod or in overhaul mode.

Overhaul
2 months ago
1.0 - 1.1

g Please add a few more recipes to star engines.

1 year, 1 month ago

Hello, i know you dropped this mod and is working in EI. But i play 248k with SE, and SE need tons of stone and stone bricks. Pls add atleast stone recipe in star engines, that will save another ton of ups in SE runs, many thanks.

1 year, 1 month ago

Hello, i know you dropped this mod and is working in EI. But i play 248k with SE, and SE need tons of stone and stone bricks. Pls add atleast stone recipe in star engines, that will save another ton of ups in SE runs, many thanks.

Hello this mod is not getting developed anymore.

1 year, 1 month ago

Stone seems more available from the big quarries much earlier than Star Engine turns up.

The Star Engine recipe to simplify gameplay & ease UPS would be plastic, but makes not a lot of flavour sense. The other Star Engine recipes are all pure elements - iron, lithium, uranium, etc. The rich water metals would make sense but we don't need as much gold as copper.

Plastic is (more or less) chains of hydrocarbons, while "stone" is all kinds of metal oxides, silicates, calcium things, etc, different things in different rocks. Stars don't do chemistry. They do nuclear physics. Getting steel & gear wheels out of a Star Engine is already kind of weird (or, Exotic) but getting structured chemistry out would be quite strange theme.

(I personally don't see much manufacturing value in either Star Engine uranium recipe. But they do make a lot of sense both as a flavourful progression through Star Engine mastery, and also as a mod progression research check.)

Chaos234 β˜†
1 year, 1 month ago

Stone seems more available from the big quarries much earlier than Star Engine turns up.

The Star Engine recipe to simplify gameplay & ease UPS would be plastic, but makes not a lot of flavour sense. The other Star Engine recipes are all pure elements - iron, lithium, uranium, etc. The rich water metals would make sense but we don't need as much gold as copper.

Plastic is (more or less) chains of hydrocarbons, while "stone" is all kinds of metal oxides, silicates, calcium things, etc, different things in different rocks. Stars don't do chemistry. They do nuclear physics. Getting steel & gear wheels out of a Star Engine is already kind of weird (or, Exotic) but getting structured chemistry out would be quite strange theme.

(I personally don't see much manufacturing value in either Star Engine uranium recipe. But they do make a lot of sense both as a flavourful progression through Star Engine mastery, and also as a mod progression research check.)

Give me some time to figure out how high the impact would be altering these recipes in favor of balance. I can and will not guarantee anything to this nor any ETA but I have made a notice for it so that I don't forget it later ;)

1 year, 1 month ago

Half my point is that adjustments for balance while disregarding flavour could make the mod worse.

Chaos234 β˜†
1 year, 1 month ago

Half my point is that adjustments for balance while disregarding flavour could make the mod worse.

Now I am a little bit confused, maybe you can paste some screenshots here with a little explenation so I can get your point. This would help me a lot.

1 year, 1 month ago

There's two responses here - one person saying they'd like more Star Engine stuff including stone, and also me pointing out that quarries exist.

1 year, 20 days ago

Oh, actually, it struck me that aluminium could be a worthwhile addition to the Star Engine. Follows the elements flavour, you need a decent amount of it, though not as much as copper or iron but quite possibly more than sulfur. There's already a "free" source via stone quarries but a bigger simpler Star Engine route could also be cool. Not a big deal though.

New response