248k Mod

Advance through 4 stages of tech. Start with simple machines and work your way through nuclear fission and fusion up to black and white holes, in order to tame the 248k Element. This mod is designed to be playable in already existing worlds since it changes nothing on world generation. Can be played as a standalone mod or in overhaul mode.

Overhaul
2 months ago
1.0 - 1.1

b Water/Fluids say different fluid

1 year, 4 months ago
(updated 1 year, 4 months ago)

Purifier have a big problem with water fluid.
You cant only make first the waterpipe and than build the purifier. If you build first the purifier with a reciep (iron by me), factorio say you cant mix two different fluiids - buts ist only normal clean water. If you turn the purifier sometimes works but mostly not.
https://ibb.co/y52Sv2x
I have made a bunch of tests but cant see a rule
(Waterpump, Pipes are vanila)

And happy new year.

After 3 houres total (also before this report) or so i find the problem - this worked, when you build first the purifier https://ibb.co/k4D3W3F .
For me this is a bug. I have never this problems in Bobs/Angels or other mods.

Please make sure that the purifire have only one fresh water and one dirty water or beter let the building test if ther side a pipe or not and if there are not a pipe than dont try pump out. It brings the hole (normal two pipe circle's) in trouble.

1 year, 3 months ago

I recreated your problem but had no issue

I set down a purifier, rotated the inputs to match yours, laid down the pipes as you did then hooked up clean water, no problems

1 year, 3 months ago

Thx for answering.
Mhhh this is strange. If it possible that this happened only with Space Exploration + Krastorio 2 +248k Mod?

1 year, 20 days ago

I had a similar problem once. Apparently if the purifier is adjacent to another machine, and the sides are rotated so they don't match, the pipes think that's a valid connection even if there's no fluid transfer possible and won't connect. It's like you're trying to hook up a fluid pipe to a machine that outputs a different fluid-- Factorio won't let you do it even if the machine isn't currently trying to output anything.

New response