248k Mod

Advance through 4 stages of tech. Start with simple machines and work your way through nuclear fission and fusion up to black and white holes, in order to tame the 248k Element. This mod is designed to be playable in already existing worlds since it changes nothing on world generation. Can be played as a standalone mod or in overhaul mode.

Overhaul
2 months ago
1.0 - 1.1

g Problems with the space exploration technology tree 0.6xx

1 year, 9 months ago

There is a problem with the tech tree when playing the 248k mod with space exploration. To make the missile silo and navigation satellite in the 248k version you need carbon fiber reinforced plastic. I can't make this element in the 0.6xx version of space exploration due to problems in the tech tree

1 year, 9 months ago

Maybe add additional alternative very expensive recipe for satellite? E.g. new structure-prototype from plastic+alum and very long crafting time (2 minutes).
This would allow creating satellite for SE to unlock further tech, and still force player to research better way of creating satellites for reasonable launches.

1 year, 9 months ago

I am also suffering from the same symptoms I want a quick patch

1 year, 9 months ago

PreLeyZero, any plans for long term fix?

1 year, 9 months ago

PreLeyZero, any plans for long term fix?

I will make a fix for that next week.

1 year, 9 months ago

Note this is still an unofficial fix
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/broffey/248K/master/scripts/SE/data-final-fixes.lua
Lets me research Carbon Fiber plastics without rocket tech.

1 year, 9 months ago

And... how to use the lua , so its fixed in the running game / save ?

1 year, 8 months ago

Is there any update on this? I just got to this section with a 248K/K2/SE run. Can you just run that lua file in console? Or do you have to add it as a mod somehow

1 year, 8 months ago

Just replace lua file in your mod-archive at c:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\mods\248k_1.0.29.zip\248k_1.0.29\scripts\SE\data-final-fixes.lua

1 year, 8 months ago

Thank you ku3mi41! I'm all sorted while I wait for an official release, that fixed me up.

1 year, 8 months ago

I have hit the same issue. I just cheated in 40 units of carbon fiber reinforced plastic to make the silo, but as it is needed for satellites as an on-going consumable, it feels horrifically cheety to magic it into existence in quantities needed to get to gold science.

1 year, 7 months ago

Yep, same issue here.... Just wanted to build the Rocket Silo to get Rocket Science packs but can't as I need a tech far down the tech tree behind Rocket Science packs to actually build the rocket silo...
What's the ETA for the fix here, please? :)

Manually patching a mod-file doesn't work as it's running on a public server....

1 year, 7 months ago

Yep, same issue here.... Just wanted to build the Rocket Silo to get Rocket Science packs but can't as I need a tech far down the tech tree behind Rocket Science packs to actually build the rocket silo...
What's the ETA for the fix here, please? :)

Manually patching a mod-file doesn't work as it's running on a public server....

Sadly Im currently very busy and using all my time for v2. I may get the time to fix this this week but cant guarrente anything.

1 year, 7 months ago

I made it into a patch mod to make things easier

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/SE248kfix

New response