248k Mod

Advance through 4 stages of tech. Start with simple machines and work your way through nuclear fission and fusion up to black and white holes, in order to tame the 248k Element. This mod is designed to be playable in already existing worlds since it changes nothing on world generation. Can be played as a standalone mod or in overhaul mode.

Overhaul
2 months ago
1.0 - 1.1

i Space exploration beacons

1 year, 10 months ago
(updated 1 year, 10 months ago)

Space exploration changes behaviour of beacons, so that any machine can be affected only by single beacon.

This makes ki beacons absolutely inferior to regular beacons, since their size and spread no longer matters. I think that due to this i find myself crushing ALL the mysterious crystals, as they are mostly by-product for me and I have absolutely zero steady use for them.

I propose bigger buff to ki beacons when space exploration is also enabled.
And generally also alternative use for mysterious crystals - why not make acidic water from them? Or sulphuric acid if acidic water could potentially create loop with growing crystals.

1 year, 10 months ago
(updated 1 year, 10 months ago)

Ok, so I think I completely misunderstood how it is supposed to work, anyway, I think it is broken.

I have been playing with it in cheat mode. Got all the research. And been testing with +100% speed modules.

There is KIX1 and KIX2 research that claims it only works for KI3 beacons (so I would expect it would)

So test cases:

Environment: 5 mods in KI1 core
KI1 beacon, Speed boost: Expected: 250%, Actual: 500%
KI2 beacon, Speed boost: Expected: 250%, Actual: 750%
KI3 beacon, Speed boost: Expected: 750%, Actual: 750%

Environment: 5 mods in KI1 core, 5 mods in KI2 Core
KI2 beacon, Speed boost: Expected: 500%, Actual: 750% (the KI2 Core does absolutely nothing to KI2 beacon)
KI3 beacon, Speed boost: Expected: 1500%, Actual: 1500%

Environment: 5 mods in KI1 core, 5 mods in KI2 Core, 5 mods in KI3 Core
KI3 beacon, Speed boost: Expected: 2250%, Actual: 2250%

Now all that was if I wasn't taking into account count of modules that beacon can/should accept. Which is another weirdness.
KI1 beacon description claims that it can only accept 2 modules. But it takes 5, and after researching all research, it takes 10. (according to descriptions should still be 2)
KI2 beacon description claims that it can only accept 6 modules. But it takes ???, but after researching all research, it takes 15. (according to descriptions should still be 6)
KI3 beacon description claims nothing, after researching all research, it takes 45.

All in all KI stuff is very weird, and lying descriptions certainly make the confusion much worse. Well, after some serious figuring out I now understand, but would be very welcome if it could be made clearer how stuff works in Informatron, and if the descriptions did not lie.

By the way, love the mod :)

1 year, 10 months ago

Ok, so I think I completely misunderstood how it is supposed to work, anyway, I think it is broken.

I have been playing with it in cheat mode. Got all the research. And been testing with +100% speed modules.

There is KIX1 and KIX2 research that claims it only works for KI3 beacons (so I would expect it would)

So test cases:

Environment: 5 mods in KI1 core
KI1 beacon, Speed boost: Expected: 250%, Actual: 500%
KI2 beacon, Speed boost: Expected: 250%, Actual: 750%
KI3 beacon, Speed boost: Expected: 750%, Actual: 750%

Environment: 5 mods in KI1 core, 5 mods in KI2 Core
KI2 beacon, Speed boost: Expected: 500%, Actual: 750% (the KI2 Core does absolutely nothing to KI2 beacon)
KI3 beacon, Speed boost: Expected: 1500%, Actual: 1500%

Environment: 5 mods in KI1 core, 5 mods in KI2 Core, 5 mods in KI3 Core
KI3 beacon, Speed boost: Expected: 2250%, Actual: 2250%

Now all that was if I wasn't taking into account count of modules that beacon can/should accept. Which is another weirdness.
KI1 beacon description claims that it can only accept 2 modules. But it takes 5, and after researching all research, it takes 10. (according to descriptions should still be 2)
KI2 beacon description claims that it can only accept 6 modules. But it takes ???, but after researching all research, it takes 15. (according to descriptions should still be 6)
KI3 beacon description claims nothing, after researching all research, it takes 45.

All in all KI stuff is very weird, and lying descriptions certainly make the confusion much worse. Well, after some serious figuring out I now understand, but would be very welcome if it could be made clearer how stuff works in Informatron, and if the descriptions did not lie.

By the way, love the mod :)

I adjust the amount of modules that can fit in beacons if SE is present, however the locale is still for base 248k causing this problem.

New response