248k Mod

Advance through 4 stages of tech. Start with simple machines and work your way through nuclear fission and fusion up to black and white holes, in order to tame the 248k Element. This mod is designed to be playable in already existing worlds since it changes nothing on world generation. Can be played as a standalone mod or in overhaul mode.

Overhaul
a month ago
1.0 - 1.1

g Reviews and Tips

3 years ago

For reviewing, suggestions and other stuff regarding the mod and or its balancing.

3 years ago

What about an intergation with Clowns Nuclear for nuclear phase, appliying the enrichment process to thorium and other isotopes to be added?

3 years ago

sure why not - i think i finish stage 2 first and then add some integrations - balancing will get interresting though

3 years ago

I would recommend another way to consume diesel fuel. At the moment the only way is through trains and that might not be conductive to everyones playstyle or be able to consume it fast enough.

3 years ago

Also i forgot to mention: When using Real Train SFX with this mod here, there's no sounds on 248k locomotive like: idle, acceleration, etc. Gonna test if i can really reproduce the bug today as i finally got my first desktop PC assambled...lol

3 years ago

I would recommend another way to consume diesel fuel. At the moment the only way is through trains and that might not be conductive to everyones playstyle or be able to consume it fast enough.

like use it in the burner generator for power production?

3 years ago

Also i forgot to mention: When using Real Train SFX with this mod here, there's no sounds on 248k locomotive like: idle, acceleration, etc. Gonna test if i can really reproduce the bug today as i finally got my first desktop PC assambled...lol

with 0.1.8 the locomotive now also has engine sound and breaking sound, should also work with Real Train SFX since the mod only changes the vanila locomotive.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Yah that would be a good idea, unfortunately it doesnt accept it at the moment. not sure if intentional or not?

3 years ago

Yah that would be a good idea, unfortunately it doesnt accept it at the moment. not sure if intentional or not?

i will be adding it in the next update - alongside with the new roboport

3 years ago

Will i also be able to blueprint/ghost the beacons? It doesnt want to work for whatever reason.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Will i also be able to blueprint/ghost the beacons? It doesnt want to work for whatever reason.

im working on it - actually im not sure if i should enable it. Those beacons are already pretty opish, with the only drawbag being that you have to keep the core running. Making them only placeable by hand seems to make it more chalenging to abuse them - i think i will include the option for making them blueprintable in the settings, but turn it off as standart.

3 years ago

So whats the ki core supposed to do? like do you feed it diffrent things and it improves based on that? (ie feed it speed modules and it will gain more speed to connected beacons over time? Same with productivity and efficency?)

3 years ago

So whats the ki core supposed to do? like do you feed it diffrent things and it improves based on that? (ie feed it speed modules and it will gain more speed to connected beacons over time? Same with productivity and efficency?)

the basic core can be linked to beacons. If you keep it running it all linked beacons will gain the effects of modules inside the core. I plan on making i better version which improves over time.

New response