0.17 science conversion deprecated

# DEPRECATED AS OF 2019-03-31T22:13:01 - SUPPORT PHASE ENDED Adds in the new science pack recipes and known tech tree, while keeping 0.16 recipes intact so that the player may update their base at their own pace. Implements almost all 0.17 balance changes: transport-belt, mining, smelting changes, and more (see page for full list). Compatible with existing saves, most big mods and will support release 0.17! IMPORTANT NOTE: Version 0.1.6 of this mod is the last working version of the mod. Version 0.1.7 of the mod will be only for migrating saves to the official 0.17.

Tweaks
5 years ago
0.16 - 0.17

g Cannot build nano bots

5 years ago

Cannot build nano bots in mp server due to pick axe not able to build. I cannot turn the setting for the pick axe off in sttings

5 years ago

probably need to check if there's recipe requiring pickaxes and enable it if needed by default

5 years ago

Sorry for the delay. I'm not sure what you mean by you can't disable the option, it appears to work fine. i put in a fix for the axe bug, now it checks if other recipes are using anything defined as a mining-tool and creates a fake pickaxe that is used in the recipe. it's not the most robust system, for example other pickaxes that use previous pickaxes will generate the axe recipe, even though it is not used for anything (i wanted to avoid doing a deeper tree search for recipes), and the axe is unlocked in crafting even if the pickaxe tool is not unlocked (want to minimise another search of the tech tree). This will most likely be the last release of the mod (excepting the very last migration version), as 0.17 releasing soon.

5 years ago

Factorio refuses to load this mod together with https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Nanobots
Looks like Nanobots requires a flying tech, that does not exist anymore ?
2.607 Factorio initialised
2.607 Mods to disable:Failed to load mods: Error in assignID, technology with name 'flying' does not exist.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

I can't reproduce this problem (i used nexela's as well). As far as i know i'm not messing with any flying techs.

5 years ago

okay so i can't see anything wrong using only this mod (unreleased fix for OP's error, does not seem to be related to this issue) and nanobots. Flight still appears in the tree and the bonuses for nanobots are still unlocked. What i'm seeing in the error is that something is removing flight tech, causing the bonus tech to error. I'm going to think that it's an intermod conflict between my and another mod.

5 years ago

@Finndibaenn: Are you sure you use this mod and not JDs 0.17 Simulation? (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/JD_17_Simulation). With Nanobots + JDs I get the mentioned error, but not with this mod, so I'm using this.

btw: intresting that there are 3 mods which do very similar things (this mod, JDs 0.17 and sandros 0.17)

New response