Bio Industries

Provides useful buildings and items, like the Bio Farm for growing trees. Solar Farm and Large Accumulator to make your electric setup easier. Bio Fuel section to produce organic plastic and batteries. Lots of New Wood Products, like the big electric pole, wooden pipes, dart turret. Plant trees using seedlings. Change terrain from deserts to grasslands using Fertilizer - helps trees grow better. And a lot more… Please visit the homepage on the forums for more information and feedback.

Content
2 months ago
0.14 - 1.1
Manufacturing

g Missing something

6 years ago

I love the whole production side of things on this mod but the bio cannon leaves a lot to be desired.

I was hoping for a passive and cool mod self sustaining low rate of fire but high damage, high area of affect biter field wiper. It said high range, low rate of fire which made it sound something like that. Reality is it wipes up small bases in a single shot leaving you to play tower defense or frantically try to tear down and run away before you die after single shots against bigger bases.

The long range means on death worlds you plant a temp outpost to set up a single shot sacrificial bio cannon, insert single shot via whatever method you choose (directly or delay), and run away in a car/tank/mega armor. Rinse, repeat. It can't target biters, it can't get actual range on bases for real defense against against biters coming against you, so its only good at offensive uses. You can't use robots to pick it up and it takes longer to mine it than it does for biters to swarm you so there is no practical use without building up a serious laser turret defense every time and laser creep is much faster and more effective.

Is there some application for the bio cannon I am mission or is it safe to increase the range to something that would at least cover areas where biters "could" move bases close enough for it to occasionally take pot shots at random bases? I think that would be a way more cool use. You already know biters can't move within a certain radius and setting this to cover 1-2 chunks (32 range per chunk) outside of that could give it some actual use.

Would definitely make the evolution factor something to consider and make defenses more dynamic. Please let me know your idea on the matter mod creator.

New response