|Created:||1 year, 11 months ago|
|Latest Version:||0.2.2 (1 year, 8 months ago)|
|Factorio version:||0.14 - 0.15|
This mod adds in supply drop crates, similar to the mechanic in games like Rimworld, where occasionally a chest will appear containing some various resources that aid the player slightly. These resources do not substitute for setting up automation, but can make the player's life easier as late game drops can contain items with complicated recipes.
Upon a crate dropping, it will hit the ground with great force, and be slightly burning from atmospheric entry, so it will be very noticeable. Despite being on fire, the fire is small enough to be harmless.
In order to balance and maintain worth, the mod will judge what point the player is in a typical vanilla game, and every 10-30 mins (configurable), will drop a chest containing some resources based on that stage of the game. Each chest will contain 5 random amounts of random items chosen from a loot table, and each loot table higher than stage one has a small chance to fall through to the previous loot table. The number of unique items and what specific items/amounts are possible can be configured in the mod settings and stages files.
Please note that the mod is balanced towards vanilla factorio, and may not play well balance-wise with major game changing mods. It is also capable of giving the player small amounts of items they might not have researched yet, so this mod may not be for the most balance focused of players, but it will help players that find the default vanilla game to be too slow.
If you'd like to submit an issue, please do so at the linked bitbucket repository. Suggestions are welcome there as well, as issues or pull requests, and making a bitbucket account is not necessary. Avoid submitting issues here, as I rarely check them.
Calls to math.random: 140
- 0.2.2 - Quick hotfix to fix a crash.
- 0.2.1 - Massively rebalanced the mod, for 0.15. Crates no longer drop until the player has researched oil processing, and loot tables have a small chance to fall through to lower levels. Again, please submit recommendations and concerns to the bitbucket repo.
- 0.2.0 - Updated the mod to 0.15, settings are now done the official way. The balance of the mod is a bit dubious at this point, please submit your suggestions for improvement at the bitbucket repo, here.
- 0.1.4 - Fix incompatibility with Factorissimo, crates will only drop near players on nauvis(the default surface), and if no suitable players are found, it will reduce the time until the next drop by 30%, and try again. Additionally, refactored the code to be less redundant.
- 0.1.3 - Fix incompatibility with Squeak Through, causing supply chests to fall inside of entities. The mod should now ignore ST's efforts to shrink it.
- 0.1.2 - Fix issue with chests landing on top of other entities.
- 0.1.1 - Fix issue with multiplayer desyncs, mod can now be used on servers
- 0.1.0 - Release